Dilitation #2

frea2bea
on 1/30/05 7:27 am - COlorado Springs, CO
I have been having problems keeping food down. This has really been going on sice mid - October. I made changes, sipping while I ate, chewing well. Drinking 32 oz water 1st thing in the am to be sure I get all my fluids. It just kept getting worse. Until I felt so exhaused that I can only use the word WEARY! An upper GI was done, and found a stricture from the pouch where it conects to my intestine(3mm) A dilitation was done to open the stricture to 6mm. My second (last planned) at this time is this Wednesday. With the inflamation caused by the procedure, they expect that I will be able to eat again 72 hours after the procedure. I've been doing puree, and liquids. I sure feel better! Big changes are expected as now I will need to follow the rules of the pouch, or I'll end up gaining some of this weight back...(NO! I won't let THAT happen!) I've lost 130 lbs in 9+ months, and am where I want to be weight-wise.I just want better musculature; that only comes with the committment to a daily routine of working out with weights and my elliptical will bring... When GI says I can resume, I will! I just wanted you all to know a stricture IS possible this far out!
Rachelq
on 1/31/05 8:34 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Thanks for the update...hope all goes well for you, and congrats on the weightloss! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views