anyone doing really good??

Donna R
on 1/30/05 6:37 am - Paducah, KY
HI all, i was just wondering how everyone is doing at this point, I am doing pretty darn good!!! I have only thrown up twice, and that was after I started to eat regular food and just ate too fast, I actually made myself throw up those two times due to the pain I was having. I have "dumped" a few times but with me I just get really sleepy and need a nap... I eat regular foods but stay away from WHITE foods like sugar, rice. potatoes, bread and pasta. when my family and I go out to eat, I can usually find just about anything on the menu to eat and on the rare occasion that I did not find anything, I had a cup of hot tea and just enjoyed my family's company. I had my 9 month appointment last Monday and my doctor said I was doing fantastic!! he is now submitting to my insurance to repair two hernias and try to get a TT also. I feel just wonderful!!!The people around me do not know I had surgery and I don't plan on saying anything, they all think I am just exercising and not eating the white food and drinking lots and lots of water.. I have even had some people tell me I am makeing them aware of what they were eating and they are now eating better... I gave away 5 bags of clothes!!! to a friend at church, it was hard to part with some of them!!! I still have a wind breaker that is a size 2X that I am having trouble parting with, its to the point that its slipping off my shoulders when I dont zip it up. I don't mean to go on and on but I feel so good and lucky to be where I am now. I am looking forward to having the TT and hernia repaired so I can see what size I can get into. just need to find some type of exercise to do to help with the loose skin. I still drink a protein drink at least once a day. I use the vanilla UNJURY in a large mug with Carb smart cappiccino each night. this actually tastes great. I use fitday and thinnerself to help me along here is what I try to do each day 74 ounces of water.. just plain water 26+ ounces of other liquids like crystal light 100 grams of protein 1100 calories I have been on a plateau for two months but it's finally starting to come off again, I have lost 101 pounds!!!! I still want to lose about 25 more! well I have rambled on enought, have a great week. Donna 177/176/150 -101
Rae Smiles
on 1/30/05 7:21 am - Mount Airy, MD
congrats Donna!!! Having WLS has been a wonderful experience for me as well...I have had no issues or problems and would do it again in a new york minute. Best wishes for your continued health and success!! RAE
Rondaslosinit
on 1/30/05 7:25 am - Richardson, TX
ME TOO! ME TOO !!! Ronda
Donna R
on 1/30/05 9:43 am - Paducah, KY
great!!!
Donna R
on 1/30/05 9:42 am - Paducah, KY
Thank you Rae, I to would do it again!! Donna
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/05 9:05 am - South of Boston, MA
I like your stats--- easy to remember, the 100 oz liquids, 100 proteins, & 1100 cals! I think I've had an exceptionally good experience so far, and I am thankful. I've lost 144 lbs since surgery, and gained a life back! Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 154 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Dawn C.
on 1/30/05 9:35 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I too feel great! I have lost 90 lbs. And I feel better than I did when I was in college. I just turned 38 in December. I actually enjoy exercising. We have a great program at work and can take exercise classes every day during lunch. This is a godsend to me because I am not motivated enough in the evenings to do it on my own. By the time the kids go to bed it's 9 pm and I am either doing laundry, cleaning or want a little down time. Well the ER (exercise room) is being moved and we have not had any classes since before thanksgiving. I do go to Curves 2-3 times a week, but that is nothing in comparison of working out 4 days at work and 2 days at Curves. So anyway tomorrow the new ER opens up and I have the Functional training class I love so much. We use weights and one of those big balls. My whole point being prior to 9 months ago I didn't take advantage of any of these free classes. And I have really missed them these past few months. 9 months ago I never would have said I love any kind of exercise. Now I don't feel whole without it. Isn't it funny how our attitudes can change. I have had very few problems after surgery. I can eat almost anything (except for stew beef - read my daily menu post today) and really don't dump - which may be bad. I am happier, I enjoy my kids more and think I am a better mommy because I am not tired all the time. Dawn 287/197/160
Klewis2288
on 1/30/05 10:58 am - Townsend, DE
Great job! Time does go on and it has made such a big difference from 9 months ago. I too am losing on a much slower scale. I have been averaging about 5 lbs a month for the last few months. I have gotten to be a scale hopper which isn't good. I must weigh myself 6 or 7 times a day. It is really amazing how much your weight can fluctuate. I like your stats.... It is something that I will try to practice. I have lost about 115 lbs and would like to lose about 45 lbs more. I wonder if I will ever get there? I had problems in the beginning and was so behind in what I could and couldn't do. I had a hard time taking vitamins, calcium as well as protein. Believe it or not it has only been this past month that I have been able to tolerate the protein and have found a vitamin that I could tolerate. It was a struggle at first but now I think I am on course. I do have a real big problem that I am trying to control and that is snacking..... on all the wrong stuff. Sugar does not bother me so I am consciously trying to cut down on snacking. I am just not able to eat very much at a sitting and find myself hungry an hour after I eat. Keep up the good work. I know how it is to try and get rid of the old clothes. Still want to hold onto them. In the past I have lost great amounts of weight but always gained them back. Have a tendency to hang on to this stuff.
Happy Girl
on 1/30/05 12:59 pm - New Braunfels, TX
Hi Donna! You are doing great! I need to be better at my fluid intakes everyday. I feel wonderful and I am now smaller than I was my senior year in highschool.....12 years ago. I love having my life back and living it up! I have now lost 101 lbs and have 36 more to go.. My goal weight is 140. For the past month I have only lost 3 lbs. but I'm sure it will keep going, just alot slower. I have power hour aerobics tomorrow! It really kicks my boooty! Have a good night. "Happy girl"
Luann S.
on 1/31/05 3:19 am - Green Bay, WI
Doing great......... Started at 248 and down 148, Met the centruy club yesterday. I feel better, my joints don't ache, I am not all sweaty and tired all the time. I love the attentention and look so much better. This was the best thing I have ever done. I do avoid fried foods. I do it some sugar but not frequently. I have given up soda and burgers. I now eat, protein, drink lots of water and eat protein with little carbs. I rarely get sick anymore, unless I don't chew my meat throughly. It will get stuck and I have to ______ it up..... Other than that,,,, I feel great. ....... Luann 248/195/148 as of 1-30-05
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views