January has been good to me!

Donna Paige
on 1/29/05 3:31 am - Pottstown, PA
January has been good to me as I've lost like 11 lbs this month. I hope February continues to bring me success. I've like stayed between 191-189 fluctuating the last few days but I started the wonderful monthly visitor. I'm hoping after it's all said and done I'll lose some more weight. My eating habits are absolutely horrible lately. Snackie hound has got a hold of me. I've been munching gold fish crackers lately. The good news is that I no longer have any. The bad news is I pray I don't buy anymore. I've gone from chocolate addiction to cracker addiction. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! There are days I feel like I could eat a bear. On the plus side I got into a size 14misses (mind you they were stretchy) but I got my big rump right in them. Liz Baker brand. I think they may run a little large. It was truly nice seeing that number anyway. Donna
Rondaslosinit
on 1/29/05 3:49 am - Richardson, TX
Donna, What is it about this 9-10 month mark that is making us all play russian roullette with snacking? Ok guys and gals, this is truly dangerous! We have GOT to quit! I'm talking to myself here as much as anyone. I've really been struggling lately and the scales are showing it. We made the decision to have this surgery to be released from the bondage of obesity and all the health issues it brings. We all have surprised ourselves with doing much more than we thought we could in this journey. We have experienced humungous successes, changed lifestyles and habits. Have we made these sacrifices for nothing? NO!!! We are all new women (and men) of strength!!!! We CAN do this!!!! Now, let's all go out there and show 'em what we're made of !! (oops, I digressed into a football coach's halftime pep talk). Well, you know what I mean (KWIM). Below are some inspirational quotes from Gina Gore that I recently came across. She has given me permission to reprint them here....... A STRONG WOMAN HAS FAITH THAT SHE IS STRONG ENOUGH FOR THE JOURNEY. BUT A WOMAN OF STRENGTH HAS FAITH THAT IT IS THROUGH THE JOURNEY THAT SHE WILL BECOME STRONG. My refrigerator is not my therapist. I will tackle my problems without the help of food. I will never use food as a bandage to cover up the nicks and scrapes I encounter in life. I will take inventory of who I am and what I want. I will set my goals high and let nothing stop me from reaching them. I will carefully watch how I eat, when I eat and why I eat. The most important promises for me to keep are the ones I make to myself. My opinion of me is more important of me than anyone else's opinion of me. I will stop worrying about the past. I will invest my energy in today so tomorrow will be better. Food is not my enemy and I will not fear it. I will make food my body's friend not a foe. If I eat because I am sad, lonely or depressed, after the food is gone I still will be sad, lonely and depressed. Before I go to food I must give myself three reasons why I need it. My weight is nothing more than a number on a scale. I will not be judged by a number. Eating food is my way to live, not my way of life. Everyday, I will find something to laugh about. I am going to read those statements to myself each morning and see if my days don't start going better. Anyone with me........ ? Ronda
irisheyes
on 1/29/05 4:05 am - Harmony, MN
WoW what a pep talk...let's get out there and kick some a$$ coach!.....(screaming like a wild woman) I am with you I have been very bad about the snacking too, and need to brake this. I am with you! Do you think it could be the time of the year? you know, your in the house more, not staying as busy as you would be if you could be out working in the yard, hauling kids to the pool...and everywhere else, and just working in the yard....I sometimes wonder. Katie
sloane
on 1/30/05 2:41 am - New Albany, OH
Ronda, I love those quotes. I'm copying them into a word doc right now and taking it to Kinkos to laminate and put in my planner. That is a great thing to look at everyday. Thank you so much! Tandi
Donna Paige
on 1/29/05 6:35 am - Pottstown, PA
It's that time of the month you know and the fact that it's SNOW FRICKIN' SNOW EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
DianneW
on 1/30/05 12:33 am - Louisville, KY
I can relate. I'm staying at my dad's till I can drive down to Louisville on Wednesday and there is snack food everywhere. I've lost weight in spite of myself this month. Dianne
Rondaslosinit
on 1/30/05 2:21 am - Richardson, TX
YAY for you, Dianne! How are you feeling after surgery? You've been in my thoughts! Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views