Pure Protein Bars- a success for once...

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/05 9:57 pm - South of Boston, MA
I think I've found a protein supplement bar that does *not make my altered anatomy sick. It's a "Pure Protein" bar from sportnutrition.com. The previous website is currently not up and running, :: I found them at my local traderjoes.com store for $1.99/each. I bought four of them in "Chocolate Deluxe," mainly because the the wrapper photo looked like a chocolate-covered brownie, and I was having some issues with the real chocolate all over the store. I ate about half of one bar on the way home, and was full- probably because I also had two bites of cheese in the store, and these bars are thick and filling. The taste is definitely a step above most other bars, it tastes like good dark rich chocolate. The texture leaves something to be desired, as it is a bit pasty and gummy like you'd expect from a high-protein supplement, I wonder if throwing it in the freezer might make it more palatable next time? I waited a while after eating the bar to see if I'd dump- since many protein supplements have made me sick in the past. I didn't! A success! Normally, $1.99/a bar is more than I would pay, but since these bars digest without making me fall into a dumping coma, I'll gladly get more, though I will look for a better deal next time. ___________________________________________________________ Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Are they worth the price for the amount of protein? ___________________________________________________________ Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 155 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogpsot.com
Rondaslosinit
on 1/28/05 6:15 am - Richardson, TX
Thanks for the tip! Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out