Frigid Friday- Post food journals here...

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 2:02 am - South of Boston, MA
It's probably wacked cuz you don't log all the time... I have logged pretty much faithfully for a long time, missing out on a few carb-binges... but pretty much everyday... For the past month, which I logged everyday minus 2-3 days (including one really bad chocolate day) it's reading this: (now mind you, this is my plateau & GAINING month....) 792 calories 41 fats 42 carbs 64 proteins Now, I know it's more than that daily, I just wrote it was 1000.... so I am definitely forgetting to log my last snack of the night...generally... beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.'
Just Janice
on 1/28/05 2:06 am - Houston, TX
Well, I didn't run one of those reports..I just looked at my days I logged...I don't get it..how can we be doing so well and pateau and gain??? Geez! I as a rule (sometimes, but not frequently broken..maybe once a week) do not snack. I should be 4 lbs now! LOL...I should be a tiny little thing! Ahhh..gotta love the human body and nature.. Janice
sloane
on 1/28/05 2:19 am - New Albany, OH
Janice and Beth, Hey, I know this calorie thing has been a hot topic. I was eating around 700-900 around month month six or seven and hitting a plateau where nothing was coming off. My nutritionist told me that I wasn't eating enough. I moved it up to about 1000-1100 and the weight starting coming off easily again. I'm eating about 1300 now but I'm running 15+ miles per week training for a 1/2 marathon. I don't count carbs - only limit sugar (no more than 5 grams per meal) and watch calories and fat. It's not the carbs; it's the calories - just a math equation: more calories out than in. Hope this helps. Tandi 246/151/7 lbs to goal
Just Janice
on 1/28/05 2:40 am - Houston, TX
Tandi..thanks for the post! I am definetely expending more calories than I am consuming. I walk 4+ miles a day, at least 6 days a week, plus do videos (Tae Bo, etc). However, the weight goes off in spurts..sigh..my MD is an absolute carb Nazi!!! I have heard several times about the not eating ENOUGH thing. I am just terrified of eating more! Remember, overeating (albeit, the wrong things, but still the sheer volume alone) is what go me here...I am petrified!!! Janice (still feeling funky)
sloane
on 1/28/05 2:25 am - New Albany, OH
Good afternoon! B: LS oatmeal S1: 1 c. WW cereral w/ 1/2 c milk L: wendy's chili and baked potato with low-fat cheese and spray butter (ate all the chili and most of the potato and feel really stuffed and sick) S2: will probably be ... LS yogurt + pear + SF LF kettle korn D: will probably be ... 2 oz hamburger + oven-baked french fries + grilled mushrooms? I don't usually do very well with hamburger unless it's in chili but I keep seeing these commercials and it looks so good, so I'll try it without bread and see how it goes.) S3: SF hot chocolate? only 16 oz of decaf tea down so far. I just can't seem to get more than 24 oz of liquid in - I need to work on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dawn C.
on 1/28/05 2:44 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Tandi, I am glad you posted about your calories because I was feeling like a hog when I saw Beth and Janice's calorie count! My doctor told me between 1000-1200 based on my activity level. I agree its calories in vs. calories out. So far today: S1 - mocha - 1 pkt SF swiss miss cocoa, 12 oz. skim milk, 1 T instant decaf (had to have something to warm me up on the drive in through the tundra!) B- 1/2 c. quick oats, 1/2 banana, 1 c. skim milk S2 - 1/2 bag glenny's soy crisps ( they were supposed to by my afternoon snack- I can't keep these in my desk too temping) L - homemade veggie and ground meat soup (Yumm!) S2 - well i have 2 laugh cow cheese wedges that I was supposed to put on the soy crisps so I don't know what I am going to do with them. Maybe on carrots? D - possibly Wendy's chili
thin_tyme
on 1/28/05 3:56 am - WY
prebreakfast-coffee/splenda/creamer breakfast--carb sense hot cereal 1 scoop Nectar with 32 ounces of water and crystal lite Lunch-2.4 oz white fish, 1 oz string cheese. dinner-don't know yet ok here is a silly question.How do you all get in more calories? Maybe I need to eat more calories myself, weight is at a stand still. I eat 3 meals a day. So I add snacks I guess. What kind of snacks??? Mechelle 283/174-oh yippee lost 1/2 a pound/140
Dawn C.
on 1/28/05 4:24 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Snacks - I try to make them protien. And if not just protein then with a carb. (I am not a carb nazi) I really like Glenny's soy crisps. They are 4.5 gr for 1/2 a bag. BBQ tastes just like bbq potato chips. Other favorites: apple with 2 T. PB 1/2 banana w/ 2 T. PB Peanuts, cashews, almonds cheese cheese & fruit Laughing cow swiss cheese spread on celery cottage cheese w/fruit or sf applesauce protien bar hard boiled egg cheese w/whole grain crackers Some others eat jerky. Never liked the stuff myself. I do eat popcorn on occasion. Not the best choice. You do have to watch the Peanut butter and nuts. Good for you but high in fat and calories. I also have to say that nothing really bothers me. Except for too many beans. Bad gas pains then. I have had to take gas-x more than once!!! Hope that gives you some ideas. What does everyone else eat for healthy snacks! Dawn 287/197/160
Rondaslosinit
on 1/28/05 6:14 am - Richardson, TX
Hey girls! Breakfast - 1 egg, 1 oz ham, 1 small slice sourdough toast coffee - decaf snack - unjury in iced coffee with SF hazelnut flavoring lunch - Wendy's Chili snack - too much popcorn; handful of SF choc covered toffee bits Dinner - don't know Not a great day food-wise. My doc wants me to keep my calories under 1100 right now. Most days that is easy to do. Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 7:46 am - South of Boston, MA
Adding to my day: Snack- 1/2c chex mix (made me terribly sick) Dinner- 3 oz ground turkey breast burger mustard 1/4C minestrone soup Now- Iced coffee/cream/cocoa powder/= -beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views