I'm Freezing!!!

Dawn C.
on 1/27/05 8:56 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning from the tundra! It is 4 degrees here with a wind chill of -10! No human should have to leave the house in these conditions. I drove a 1/2 hour to work and my van was still not warm! I never liked the cold much but now it's 3 times as bad since I lost alot of my insulation. I guess I should be thankful that we don't have 4 feet of snow like Beth in MA. We only have about a foot. But I just can't take these frigid temps. And Janice I don't want to hear your temp in TX unless it's below 20!!! Well I have to thaw out so I can start working! Dawn 287/197/160
Rae Smiles
on 1/27/05 9:46 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Dawn, this weather does stink....I am just south of the PA border and it is WAY too cold...also notice that since I have lost weight I TOO get cold...I actually am wearing a coat now to/from work....never before did I bother...it would just get too hot....everyone at work has noticed the coats....I never really thought about it before... I think I need a whale blubber coat to keep warm. RAE
Just Janice
on 1/27/05 9:51 pm - Houston, TX
It's raining today...does that count??? LMAO!!! Janice PS Just think how you can pick on me this summer when I leave the house and spontaneously burst into flames due to the heat......
sloane
on 1/28/05 2:28 am - New Albany, OH
Are you guys just freezing all the time? I AM!! It's really cold here too but even when it's normal cold - like 30s or 40s - I'm freezing. I'm wearing long underwear and sitting under warming blankets or with space heaters blowing on me. My husband is about to kill me b/c he's in shorts and a t-shirt burning up. He's headed to NYC for business so I'm cranking the heater up to about 80 so I'll be comfortable! Stay warm! Tandi 246-151-7 lbs to goal
Just Janice
on 1/28/05 3:59 am - Houston, TX
Tandi..I always freeze my patootie off! Even with the warmer temperatures, I sleep with a polar fleece blanket, a flannel and sheepskin blanket, an afghan, and a queen size thermal blanket, folded in half...a grand total of 5 layers...and socks...if it is really cold, I have to wear the socks. HUbby picks on me saying that it is soo hard to get "frisky" when you have to have an archeological dig for your wife! LOL janice
Rondaslosinit
on 1/28/05 6:07 am - Richardson, TX
I can't take cold temps anymore either. I'm cold all the time. Sometimes I feel like a cat and just want to curl up in the sunny spot! I'm in Dallas and won't tell you our temps but it feels COLD to me! I don't see how you northern gals do it! Ronda
Ayleneb
on 1/28/05 10:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
Ditto from Florida! I used to be hot all of the time, now my hands and feet stay cold unless I'm completely dressed and inside. At least the summer's will be more bearable and we have alot more summer down here than winter. Aylene
Rondaslosinit
on 1/28/05 9:42 pm - Richardson, TX
I know. Remember when we used to sweat all the time? At least I used to. I would get hot and sweaty just getting ready in the morning! I used to get so embarassed when I would go do volunteer work at the kids school. I would be walking down the hall and just be out of breath and hot and sweaty. I couldn't get cool even in the air conditioning. Wow what a difference 100 lbs can make! Ronda
Dawn C.
on 1/28/05 11:30 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Lots and lots of layers! That's how we do it! I got a down comforter for christmas and it's folded in 1/2 on my side of the bed. My husband doesn't like it. I used to wear shorts to bed in the winter. Now I usually wear long sleeve shirt & flannel pants under a long polar fleece nightgown and if I am really cold - socks! Pretty sexy huh!!! And no I don't want to know how warm it is in Dallas! Well I am off to crawl under my down comforter. Good night all.. Dawn
pfrigy
on 1/31/05 12:51 pm - Stow, OH
I am so glad I am not alone in the freezing! I can NOT believe how cold I am getting now. For the first time in my life I had to buy an electric blanket!!! My hands and feet get like ice cubes! If you ever asked me if I miss that 121 pounds, only when I am in NE Ohio this winter. So, yep, I guess I do wish I had a blubber coat that I could take off (of course). Does this mean that this summer we won't be as hot? Seems like it would? I can't wait to see. Have a great week! P.S. Man, I wish I lived in the South right now! Signed, Shivering and blue lips in Ohio
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views