One day period!

lacmike
on 1/26/05 11:29 am - York, PA
I have a question, since I had my surgery I have was lucky enough to have normal periods. In fact the cramps are more intense. This month I had my period for one day only. I had PMS symptoms and my period is pretty much on time, maybe 2 days late, and it seemed normal except I had it one day. For the last two days I have not one sign of my period. Have any you experienced freaky menses cycles? I had my tubes tied last September, and that was the only contraception we used. I know people do get pregnant with their tubes tied, but other than the one day period, I do not feel like the way I did when I got pregnant with my daughter. Any ideas? I did call my OB GYN and she was unavailable until tomorrow but the secretary is going to find out if she wants to do a pregnancy screen or recommend that I take a home test. I do not think I am pregnant but I guess anything could happen. Lori 258/159/148
DianneW
on 1/26/05 11:51 am - Louisville, KY
My periods have been totally messed up since surgery, from 1 day to 10 days. I don't know if they'll ever be normal again. Dianne 340/190/150
Rachelq
on 1/26/05 9:08 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
OMG! I could have totally written this post this month. I got all the symptoms...big, puffy boobs, grumpy mood, etc. but then no period...The pms symptoms seemed just like pregancy symptoms. My husband and I were getting scared (I use an IUD by the way). Then I finally got my period, but it only lasted a day. But that's pretty normal for me post op. After that day, all of my pms/pregnancy symptoms went away. Did yours? If you are worried, its worth buying a home test to put your mind at ease. Take care, Rachel
Rondaslosinit
on 1/27/05 2:15 am - Richardson, TX
Oh yes! My periods were extremely messed up after surgery. I've always had long heavy periods but after WLS, they became irregular and heavier and longer lasting 10 days on average. The worst one I had was 7 weeks long. As a result, between that an malabsorption, I became extremely anemic. In December my OB did a uterine ablation on me and WOW what a difference! I don't have periods anymore at all !!! YAHOO!!! (doing front flips here). However, in your case, I agree with Rachel. Go invest in a home test kit. They aren't that expensive and you'll feel better knowing something! Good luck Lori! Ronda
Rondaslosinit
on 1/28/05 10:06 pm - Richardson, TX
Well, Lori? Are we having a baby? Waiting to hear. Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out