tummy question

amomfor2angels
on 1/26/05 1:06 am - Grovetown, GA
Im wondering if anyone else gets this pain. Almost everyday, I get this aching, dull pain in my pouch area. Im not sure if its because I havent eaten any solid foods for a while. Well, that doesnt really matter because it happened last night an hour after dinner. I just dont know what the problem is. It almost feels like major hunger pains, but it rarely goes away. I have an appt in 3 weeks with my surgeon...it keeps getting moved back. Im wondering if I should go see my primary doctor, although they arent very educated on gastric bypass. I figured since I was rambling today, I may as well ask!!
Dedicated
on 1/26/05 1:07 am - Eleva, WI
Can you call and talk to a nurse at your surgeons office?
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/05 2:47 am - South of Boston, MA
I don't know... I'd give a call to the WLS doc... just to be safe. Does it ache before a meal? Do you think you might really be hungry? I feel hungry ALL the time... every two hours my pouch talks to me! Even if I've had a big meal--- two hours or less later, I feel like I must eat again. My pouch aches if I overeat, and the food sits in my throat. Yuck! If I eat sugar alcohols, or too much bread, pasta, rice, grits, normal cereal, or more sugar than I should, I dump--- and that feels horrendous, but doesn't cause PAIN... it's more nausea, sweating, chills, dizzy, then a coma! HTH! Beth Someday I'll fly, someday I'll soar, someday I'll be so damn much more than my body gives me credit for. Why is it not my time? What is there more to learn? Shed this skin I've been tripping in, never to quite return... -J. Mayer 313.298.155.130 My journal: http://journals.aol.com/bethlbutterfly/MeltingMama/
amomfor2angels
on 1/26/05 7:53 am - Grovetown, GA
I took one of my husbands Zantac's a little while ago and now the pain has subsided. Maybe its something like acid build up or something?? Just felt really yucky all day so I decided to try the meds. It has helped so far!! I just hope the pill wont hurt my tummy. I would call my doctors office but the ladies who work there know NOTHING about anything about this surgery and if I leave a message for my doc, I never get a reply. I dont have a lot of faith in the office people!!!
Rachelq
on 1/26/05 7:32 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hmmm...sounds like an ache I get. It feels like the hunger I used to get before surgery...but no growl to go along with it. I'm finding that drinking water or propel really helps it. How much water are you getting? I try to get 80oz a day and i realize I get that weird stomach ache if I have less. Good luck to you. Rachel
amomfor2angels
on 1/26/05 8:02 am - Grovetown, GA
Im lucky to drink a 16 ounce bottle of water a day. I have never been a big water drinker. I try to drink like crystal light and stuff but Im just not a huge drinker. My husband just said Im probably dehydrated. I would float away if I drank 80 ounces of water. lol I know I really need to try to get more water in!!
Middlesgirl
on 1/26/05 11:05 pm - Lansing, MI
HAd the same problem, found out it was due to excess acid. Put me on Nexium and haven't had a problem since!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views