carbs????

Buttonsmom
on 1/24/05 10:20 am - Brighton, MI
Anyone have a good handle on how many carbs we should be safely eating? I am finding some yummy things (SF Mint Milano Cookies!!!) but am getting concerned about the number of carbs I am taking in. I am still losing, so I don't my "mind" says don;t worry about it. I guess I need to know if I am getting out of control. By the way..these cookies are to die for! Also, have discovered apple cinnamon muffins made by Carb Sense--$1.00 a box at Walmart..you just whip them up. Thanks for your help. Tracey
Rachelq
on 1/24/05 11:50 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I'm really leary of this low carb fad, not because I don't think its nutritionally sound, but because everyone is looking to make a buck off of it. Its just like when low fat came out. Remember entimans cakes and pastries? They were great and fat free...but loaded with sugar. Now we are getting all this low sugar stuff that is loaded with fat and god knows what else. The bottom line is that the various low carb snack foods out there are pretty much void of any nutritional value. With the limited amounts of food we eat, we have to be pretty picky about what we'll put in our mouths. Not that I'm a food nazi...the occasional snack is fine with me! Just make sure that you are not foregoing protien and good carbs like green leafy veggies and fruit for the low carb snack craze that i****ting the market. Take care, Rachel
DianneW
on 1/24/05 1:08 pm - Louisville, KY
I agree with Rachel. I do eat a low carb treat every now and then, a friend had some low carb ice cream and I had a spoonful, but mostly I stick to nuts, fruits and veggies, meat, dairy, etc. I'm addicted to pistachio nuts which are supposed to be great for your heart. When I want something sweet I try to eat fruit. Good luck. Dianne 340/193/150
Larakatya
on 1/24/05 11:14 pm - Twin Cities, MN
SF Mint Milano cookies are a FAVORITE treat of mine - so LOW in sugar alcohol! I don't eat them every day, and certainly not for every snack. I eat one portion (3 cookies) every few or so days and don't worry about it overall. It all depends on how you're running the rest of your food plan. If you can afford it calorically - I say go for it. If you're not running the rest of the ship well. . .then they could sink it. As long as you've got the plan, you can put anything you want in it - just not everything you want. Yum yum yum, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views