Hernia

Sissy N
on 1/24/05 12:20 am - Hesperia, CA
I'm 9 months out and worried that I may have a hernia. Just above my belly button and to the left there is a soft but round buldge. I don't know if I'm over reacting, maybe it's scar tissue. It doesn't hurt....but when I cough I can place my hand on my stomach and fell this round circle come out, kind of like a small orange it's really gross. I see my surgeon on 02/10 - could this be a reason for now weight loss for going on 2 months? What does it sound like to you guys Sissy
Carol P.
on 1/24/05 12:26 am - Oxford, AL
I didnt even know I had an umbilical hernia until after my WLS. He found it during my surgery and repaired it...piece of cake. My dad had one and it sounds like what you have. His was really large though. He had it repaired a couple of months ago. Your Dr. will be able to tell you for sure. Remember, most insurance will pay for a TT with a hernia repair...lol.
DianneW
on 1/24/05 1:46 am - Louisville, KY
I have a hernia, they repaired it during gastric bypass, but it's back. It doesn't affect weight loss. Dianne 340/193/150
irisheyes
on 1/24/05 9:56 pm - Harmony, MN
I had one they fixed during WLS I didn't even know I had one. Now it's back, I won't see my surgen until April, (unless I can track him down at work.) This just figures....I just bought plane tickets to Seattle for the end of Feb. The good news....A girl I work with (she's about 3 years out from WLS) said *our* insurance may cover a tummy tuck with herina repair....YEA! it does sound like a herina, but a herina, won't affect weightloss....sounds more like a platu (sp)
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views