9 month check up

Donna R
on 1/24/05 12:12 am - Paducah, KY
Hi all, today is my 9 month check up, I hope the doctor will see I have lost enough for him to schedule the hernia repairs. i have one next to my belly button and one just under the sternum. I am hoping that once these are fixed I can get into an even small size, right now I wear a size 16, the hernia in my belly is very large and sticks out. I still wear baggy shirts to hide this. as of today I have lost 98 pounds!!! so close to the century club but walking in single diget numbers does not work for me. So I hope losing 38 inches and 98 pounds makes my doctor happy! I will need to see the doctor again in three months, this will be the one year check up. after that he will see me six months later twice and after that once a year forever! I will have blood work drawn too, hopefull this will all be fine since I feel so good. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Donna 277/179/150
Rondaslosinit
on 1/24/05 12:15 am - Richardson, TX
Good Luck today, Donna! Ronda
Donna R
on 1/24/05 8:21 am - Paducah, KY
OK I AM BACK, things went really well today. he said I looked fantastic and he sent me for blood work, we also discussed fixing the hernias. he said he will put in to my insurance to try to get a tummy tuck at the same time because once this huge hernia by my belly button is fixed the extra skin will hang down really bad and I could have problems in the future with yeast infections. he wants me to take pictures of my belly area from different views and he will send those in along with the request to my insurance company, with the hernias. since they are so big, he plans on cutting along the original scar and placing two different meshes to fix the hernias. I forgot to ask him how long I would have to stay at the hospital but I guess I will ask him when I drop off the pictures. I will get the pictures taken tomorrow, then give them to the doctor ASAP. Donna
DianneW
on 1/24/05 1:58 pm - Louisville, KY
Do you hernias hurt, I have an umbilical one that is very painful. I don't think I'll be able to wait to get it fixed till it's time for the tummy tuck as I still have about 50 lbs. to loose. Dianne 200/193/150
Donna R
on 1/24/05 10:35 pm - Paducah, KY
Dianne, sometimes that one does hurt. also I can feel my intestines get hard sometimes, its just gross. If I lean against something with my belly you can hear the fluids gurgleing around. i cant wait to get it fixed. D
DianneW
on 1/25/05 1:13 am - Louisville, KY
It is gross and sometimes it worries me, I can't wait to get it fixed either. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views