I finally made it ... ONEderland!

Sue B
on 1/23/05 6:12 am - WI
Well I had to wait & see if it was just a mistake - or if I really had made it to ONEderland ... I DID IT! On Friday the 21st my scale did say 199 ... now today it says 198 ... so I know I am there!! The last time I saw under 200 was a LONG time ago (Like my Sr. year in high school when I weighed 180) ... Sophomore year in highschool I weighed 220 ... It has taken me 12 years to gain this extra weight & who knew in under 9 months I would lose it ... SURELY not me! What a wonderful way to start the week ... only 8# until my dr.'s goal for me to hit in 12 months ... 180 is the smallest I remember being & when I heard him say that was my goal (80% of my excess weight) I thought it sounded like a good number ~ but I think that 160 (90% of my excess weight) sounds much better now that I know I can do this. Thank you all for your love & support ~ this is the place I come now when I need to vent or share a happy moment ~ thank you for being here! Sue 318/198/180
Larakatya
on 1/23/05 7:56 am - Twin Cities, MN
I am so happy for you! I like it here in Onederland, let's stay Huggles, ~Lara
DianneW
on 1/23/05 11:24 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations, that is wonderful! Dianne 340/195/150
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/05 9:32 pm - South of Boston, MA
YAY SUE! How wonderful! I actually showed my mom your profile page yesterday (it was on the recent profile updates page)... we agreed you should be the poster-child for your surgeon's advertising... you're so photogenic! I was about the same size as you back in high school--- and gained all the rest once I got out... How bizarre it is to be smaller than I was back then, it's a trip! It's really a fast and wild trip, though, since it's just been 9 years to gain weight, and 9 months to lose most! Anyways- you've come so far... congratulations! -beth 313.298.156-160.130
Dawn C.
on 1/23/05 9:51 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulation! Good work! I made it to wonderland 2 weeks ago then bounced back to 202. I was in denial so I never admitted it to anyone. I haven't weighed since then and now I am 197.5! Whoo hoo! So let's both say goodby to the "2s" forever!!!!! Dawn 287/197.5 WHOO HOO!!/160
Rondaslosinit
on 1/23/05 11:26 pm - Richardson, TX
Sue, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I just read your profile for the first time. WOW, what an inspiration! I didn't realize you had the distal until I read it either. Seems like everything is working great for you! You are a beautiful woman! Keep up the good work. Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/05 11:34 pm - South of Boston, MA
Okay, now this is something I've never figured out--- what is distal vs. the other types of RNY? I suppose I should know what in the hell they did to my body, too? -beth 313/298/158thankgodit'sgoingdownaweebit/130
Rondaslosinit
on 1/24/05 12:06 am - Richardson, TX
My understanding is that with distal, they bypass more of the intestines than proximal. Sue's profile said her doc bypassed 15 feet as opposed to my 3 feet proximal procedure. I makes the malabsorbtive component stronger. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about this. Ronda
Sue B
on 1/24/05 7:07 am - WI
You are correct - the Distal is the more complicated surgery. They left me with 4 feet of intestine to absorb & function with my food. The Proximial is the one where they leave more of the ismall ntestine there to do it's job. Because my BMI was over 59 we chose the distal for better results. This way I only absorb 30-50% of what I eat - including vitamins, minerals, calories etc ... the water I take in is the same because it doesn't get absorbed until it hits the large intestine. Sue 318/198/180
teacherkmg
on 1/24/05 12:48 am - Alexandria, VA
I hear you Sue! I just recently went under the 200lbs mark-I'm at 178 now, and like you, I haven't seen these numbers since high school and a very SHORT period back in 1993! I feel great, and I am so blessed to have been able to have this surgery. Good for you!!! Kerry 263/179/150 Open RNY 4/27/2004
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views