How often do you eat?

Rae Smiles
on 1/22/05 1:47 am - Mount Airy, MD
I notice that lots of folks try to eat only 3 meals a day...I find that I MUST eat 6 meals a day otherwise I feel light headed and according to my husband, a tad cranky....it actually works out to be around every 3 hrs or so. I am at 9 months and down 100 lbs...and the weight loss has slowed but I am still loosing....I want to go down another 37 lbs...my doctor told me he would like to see another 27.....but we agreed to see how I look at 27 and decide then...any-who...I am getting off topic... I am starting to think that I am eating too often/too much...I don't eat "junk" very often...I get in my 75 grams protein almost every day...in fact, it is a rare day that I do not.... also, I haven't really introduced sugar back into my diet....occasionally I will have a cookie or a piece of "good" chocolate...I really "think" about it before I put it in my mouth.... Also, I NEVER snack between my meals...I always know that I am only 3 hours from my next meal. obviously I am not eating a "full" meal each time I eat but I will eat an egg and 1/2 slice toast, half sandwich, a lean cusine tv dinner usually only the meat), a slice of cheese and a few crackers...I would say on average I eat between 900-1300 calories per day. I do eat chinese a least once a week and I love mexican so I do eat out...but obviously I am bringing home leftovers. Also, I love fitday.XXX ...it really helps me stay on track. Anyone else out there find they MUST eat otherwise they get light headed? My dietian is comfortable with my eating and diet but I am concerned that there could be a better way....also that I should not be eating as much as I do. RAE
Dawn C.
on 1/22/05 2:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Rebecca, Everyone is different. I can't say that I get lightheaded between meals but I do eat 3 meals with a snack in the afternoon and sometimes after dinner. Depending on if I need to eat more protein. If your dietician is happy with the way you are eating then I wouldn't worry about it. 100 lbs is great! So obviously you are doing something right. You plan is probably working because you don't get hungry or let the snack demons get to you because you know you are having a small meal shortly. Keep up the good work! Dawn 287/199/160ish
Larakatya
on 1/22/05 3:10 am - Twin Cities, MN
I eat every 4-5 hours. So, at least 3 if not 4 meals a day. I also eat snacks. I get in about the same amount of calories you do. When I don't eat I get cranky too. Huggles, ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/05 6:42 am - South of Boston, MA
Rebecca- My body wants to eat constantly. It's a challenge to eat less than 5-6 times a day. My surgeons' plan calls for 3 squares and occasional snacks. I can't really do it. I can't eat *that* much in one sitting. I spread it out. On a good non-grazing day, I eat about 900 calories with 5 "meals"... 3 hours apart, with liquids in between. Early AM- 6:00am 2 pieces string cheese or Carb Countdown Smoothie (or as of late, GNC Whey protein shake with 20 oz water, 40 G protein) AM 2- 9:00am 2 oz turkey, ham, etc... dip of mustard or splenda relish PM 1- 12:00pm 1C mixed greens, 2 oz meat/cheese, 1-2 TBSP dressing PM 2- 3:00pm Turkey jerky PM 3- 6:00pm 2 oz meat, few bites broccoli, greens or whatever... PM Late- 9:00pm-12:00am Whatever I feel like, in moderation... if I've not gone over for the day...can include a real cookie, a piece of dark chocolate, nuts, etc... -beth
Rondaslosinit
on 1/22/05 8:25 am - Richardson, TX
I get lightheaded all the time. Sometimes for me though, it is because I'm getting slightly dehydrated. My doc also says 3 meals a day and a snack and I do that for the most part. Ronda
thin_tyme
on 1/23/05 1:54 am - WY
Hi RAE I eat my meals 5 hours apart. 3-4 ounces at each meal, lots of liquids in between. However I have been failing on that the last 2 months. I am not hungry for breakfast so I have been just drinking a protein shake. That is ok but I feel I should eat something dense because by lunch I am pretty hungry. Anyway all surgeons are different. I used to get ligh headed at about 4 months out if I did not eat exactly 5 hours later, especially for breakfast. I too worry somethimes if I am eating too much, I track on fitday and it seems ok but it is just an old feeling popping up I guesse. Then there is comparing myself to others as well. I really wish that I could not eat 3-5 ounces at each meal, it does scare me, it makes me worry about future months out. If I can eat 3-4 ounces now how much will I eat in 2 years? Hope some of this helped Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views