I Can Run!!!!!!!

Rachelq
on 1/21/05 9:08 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi all, As many of you know, I'm training for a marathon. Well, I have been race walking my miles and doing a 15minute mile. When I was doing two miles, it wasn't so bad, but at 6 miles, it was really hurting my shins. So I decided to try running. OMG!!!!!!!! I can run with out feeling like I'm gonna hurt my self. I don't feel my butt fat bouncing behing me, my arms arent rubbing raw on my boob fat, I'm not sending smoke signals from my thighs rubbing against each other. Running is...dare I say...easy for me again! I'm so excited about getting totally fit again! Thanks for sharing this journey with me! Rachel
Sissy N
on 1/21/05 10:47 pm - Hesperia, CA
You should be so proud of yourself - that is wonderful. I hope to someday soon just be close to your 15 minute race walking mile Sissy
Rachelq
on 1/23/05 12:17 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Thanks so much sissy. It took me a long while to get to the 15min mile point. Now I'm gonna try to get to 13 in short order for the race Should be a challenging time for me! Thanks for the support! Rachel
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/05 11:20 pm - South of Boston, MA
Rachel- WOW! That's great to hear! I *can* run, I've tried a few times, but everything flops so hard! I might give it a try again with a scuba suit on or something! It hurts damnit! -beth 313/298/longestplateauyet/130
Rachelq
on 1/23/05 12:20 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
backatcha...running or no running, you are doing awesome! And in the realm of the scuba suit, I used to run in a spandex unitard. That used the help hold things in place. YOu may want to give it a try. Hugs, Rachel
Larakatya
on 1/22/05 12:10 am - Twin Cities, MN
Rachel, you're giving me hope. Thank you so much for continuing to post on your marathon endevour. I am SO excited for you, and the amazing new feelings you're having in your newly small body. Keep up the great work. ~Lara
Rachelq
on 1/23/05 12:21 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Lara, Thanks for always being so supportive. I really appreciate it. Your turn is right around the corner! Hugs, Rachel
Rondaslosinit
on 1/22/05 8:16 am - Richardson, TX
I am thrilled for you Rachel !!!! As beth said on a previous post, if I ran, I would knock myself out with all the flopping! But I'm thrilled for you being able to achieve this goal. What an accomplishment! Enjoy the journey! Ronda
DianneW
on 1/22/05 3:20 pm - Louisville, KY
Rachel, Thats wonderful, you should be very proud of yourself. Dianne 340/195/150
Rachelq
on 1/23/05 12:23 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Dianne, I'm feeling good and truly appreciate your support! Ta, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views