need exercse help please!!!!

Donna R
on 1/16/05 9:58 pm - Paducah, KY
hi all, with winter here walking out of doors is impossible, right now its 9 degrees!!! my weight loss is really slow now and I need to make up an indoor exercise routine, I would like to know what all of you do. my problem though is that I have two large hernia's. one next to my belly button that is huge and one along the incession, just under my sternum so anything that would aggrivate that is out, I will be have them repaired soon. I have a Gazelle and use that but need more, Thank you alll! Donna 277/181/150
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/05 10:05 pm - South of Boston, MA
Donna, I don't know... my first thought is to get some cheap handweights, and do arm exercises... and if using your abdominal muscles would irritate the hernias, maybe some gentle twists side to side holding weights or a medicine ball.... I'm sure the Gazelle is plenty for your cardio and legs, hips, butt... -beth
Rae Smiles
on 1/16/05 10:38 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, I too have problems with strenous work outs and have found a video/DVD called walk away the pounds....you use weights and it comes in 1,2 and 3 mile DVD's... I love it...it is somewhat quick, especially the one mile, and I find that it doesn't hurt my joints the way so many other work outs do... BTW, I was doing Tae Boe and my doctor about had a heart attack!! Told me to throw that in the trash. He did mention an elipical (sp?) trainer...I have been doing a bit of research on that one...not real excited about purchasing a piece of exercising equipment.... any-who....I highly recommend the tapes/DVD's....I know there are exercise buffs out there who probably will groan, but it works for me. RAE
sloane
on 1/16/05 11:29 pm - New Albany, OH
Donna, I have the Walk Away the Pounds videos as well. They are really great. You might check the library for some exercise videos that you can borrow and see if you like them. I think the trick is finding something you like to do - I really like dancing so I have a bunch of dance videos. I used the Firm videos when I first started. You will see major progress quickly with them but they are hard. They incorporate aerobics and free weights. I'm not sure about it with your hernias - it might be too strenuous. I also go to curves - it's fun and not too strenuous. Do you have one by you? OK, I know you are going to think I'm crazy ... but I still run outside. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon and I ran outside yesterday. It was about 15 degrees. It is really cold but if you completely bundle up and go in the middle of the day (or when it's warmest) then it's kind of exhilarating. Best of luck! Tandi 246-151-144
Dawn C.
on 1/17/05 12:50 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I also love the walk away the pounds videos! If you have been walking you should be able to do a 2 mile. There are many different versions. Some using weights, some with stretchy band and with nothing. Like one of the previous posters suggested try the library or if you belong to Netflix (online video rental) they have exercise dvd's also. It is 8 degrees in Pittsburgh with a wind chill of -6! So I will not be walking outside either. I didn't even want to walk a block from the parking garage to work. Keep warm!!! Dawn
Rondaslosinit
on 1/17/05 6:30 am - Richardson, TX
Hey Donna, how about walking in a mall? People do that around here in the summer when it is too hot to walk outside. Good luck and I hope you get to get your hernia's repaired soon! Ronda
Donna R
on 1/17/05 9:12 am - Paducah, KY
the mall is 22 miles away but I may just end up going up there this week! while I am there I can do some shopping afterward. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views