One small step...

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/05 10:09 am - South of Boston, MA
We did it- we got a treadmill. Got a good deal on a floor-model that was on sale- so not too much damage done money-wise. Got it in the house, temporarily set up in the living room (it's going in the downstairs when we get it set up as our "new" bedroom)... Anyways- I did a full hour, at 3.5-4.8... and felt great after! Who knew? I haven't done a damn thing for exercise other than random outdoor walks and a few videos (not THOSE ones ) So, this is real sweating work for me now! WHEW! I also got me some whey protein powder and a new shaker, it's not so bad...so I mixed up a double shot of it right after my new workout! One SMALL step! Oh, then I pushed DH on the treadmill, and away from the chocolate --- instead he had a bowl of Keto Crisp. -beth 313.298.156.130
DianneW
on 1/16/05 12:24 pm - Louisville, KY
Way to go. I'm going to try and start an exercise program after the move. Everything is on hold for now. I've got exactly two weeks and I'm going a bit crazy. Dianne 340/197/150
sloane
on 1/16/05 6:19 pm - New Albany, OH
Beth, You knew I would love to hear this!!!!! Congrats! Tandi 246/151/144
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/05 8:19 pm - South of Boston, MA
Tandi, you'll love this--- I got up at 6am and dragged my sleepy butt on it again. Whee! I did 2 miles at 3.5 instead, my legs were aching from last night at first, so I calmed it down a bit. Still, it's a change. Oh--- and 20 oz of water with my double scoop of whey protein.... let's hope this works!! -beth 313/298/156andhoooooooooolding/130
sloane
on 1/16/05 11:24 pm - New Albany, OH
I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are rocking on that thing! There are a couple videos out (you might be able to find at the Library) that incorporate hand weights into your treadmill walk. It's kind of fun but it's a little trecherous if you aren't paying attention You're going to do so great with this exercise - I just know it! Tandi 246-151-144
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/05 11:37 pm - South of Boston, MA
You know, Tandi--- this treadmill came with a set of smallish handweights! I haven't tried doing both, but I did try swinging my arms--- and it raises my heart rate immediately! Whee! I don't mind looking like a moron in my own house. -beth Someday I'll fly, someday I'll soar, someday I'll be so damn much more than my body gives me credit for. Why is it not my time? What is there more to learn? Shed this skin I've been tripping in, never to quite return... -J. Mayer SW 298 /CW 156/GW 130 http://journals.aol.com/bethlbutterfly/MeltingMama/
Rondaslosinit
on 1/17/05 6:12 am - Richardson, TX
Hey, I look like a moron all the time - at the gym. I walk on that treadmill and swing those arms.... batwings and all...... must be quite a sight! Ronda glad you got it though and keep up the good work!
cherub32169
on 1/16/05 7:57 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hey Beth we got a treadmill last week TOO !!! We made the "big" call to HSN (gotta love flex pay!) I know how you feel though. I don't know if I could do an hour at your pace just yet but I'm walking longer and faster and not getting tired; it's a WILD feeling! ~Lynn 330/196/150
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/05 8:20 pm - South of Boston, MA
Lynn, It's a good feeling... I hope it works to help me lose again... 'cuz I've been stuck. -beth 313.298.156.130
irisheyes
on 1/16/05 9:46 pm - Harmony, MN
yea! I am so happy to hear this! It will really jumb start the weightloss again. I'm so proud of you Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views