How May Grams of Sugar Causes You to Dump???

Sissy N
on 1/15/05 12:27 pm - Hesperia, CA
Just curious - I'm lucky that sugar isn't anything I ever craved; as some of you know CARBS are my enemy. However, I try never to go over 3 sugar grams per day. Today, I wasn't paying attention and when I totaled up for the day found out I had consumed 12 grams I didn't dump at all Why didn't I dump? I didn't eat all 12 at once just throughout the day. Is my tool broken? This really freaked me out. Today was also my first day to avoid CARBS - went from 43 carbs down to 12 - hard day, but hopefully I will get the weight loss started again. Thanks everyone for letting me vent Sissy
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 9:57 pm - South of Boston, MA
Sissy- 12G of sugar is nothin' honey! My nutritionist says to have less than 15G a *meal*... preferably at the end of the meal. I wouldn't sweat it. If you ate 12G through the whole day, that's really really good! I *try* (really, I do, but...) to really limit sugars , but I eat way more than 12G a day... just in my little vitamin chewies, I get 8G sugars. They are not really a good choice for us, but, if I take them, and remember to, it's probably good that I'm taking ANYTHING... because I NEVER remember to take something I'd have to swallow... ::shiver:: I dump if I pass 15-19G in one sitting.... that's the equivalent for *me* to 2.5-3 miniature chocolate bars. Or, with sugar alcohols more than 10.... usually. -beth 313/298/156again.../130
Sissy N
on 1/16/05 1:27 am - Hesperia, CA
Thanks Beth - now I can relax a little. It really scared me, now I know that I'm alright Have a great day and an even better week Sissy 290/168...../130 please, oh please
Sue B
on 1/16/05 11:45 am - WI
Personally, I have found out I "Dump" if I have more then 15g per sitting (just like Beth said). I personally try to keep it under 8 per sitting if I can - sometimes though you just don't know how much something has. You did just fine Sue 318/200/180(or less)
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views