OH MY

Classy M.
on 1/11/05 8:26 am - inglewood, CA
IS ANYONE EXPERIENCING THIS? I AM SO HUNGRAY ALL THE TYME I WOULD SAY FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS I'M GOING CRAZY WITH WANTING TO MUNCH AND CRUNCH I'VE BEEN TRING TO WATCH MASELF, BUT MAN IT'S OVERWHELMING AT MOMENTS. I THINK IT'S FROM THE HOLIDAYZ ALLOWING MASELF (WHICH I DON'T REGRET) TO EAT SOME SWEETS. IT'S LIKE MA BODY IS LOOKING FOR THAT SATIsFACTION STILL. I FIND MASELF GOING THRU THE CABINETS LOOKING FOR SWEETS, BUT I DON'T BUY ANY CUZ I KNOW ME. THE KIDS JUS HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. I BUY THEM TREATS THEY CAN EAT RIGHT THEN AN THERE. BUT MAN I REALLY THINK THAT'S WHAT IT IS OR MA APPETITE IS REALLY PICKING UP. I DO OK AT WORK BUT HOME IS MORE OF A CHALLENGE. RIGHT WHEN I GET THRU COOKING I'M NOT READY TO EAT BUT BY BED TYME I'M WANTING TO EAT. THIS HAS BECOME A PROBLEM WITHIN THE LAST TWO THREE WKS ALSO. I JUS CAN'T EAT RIGHT WHEN I FINISH COOKING. PLEASE HELP ME. I'VE BOUGHT GUM TO TRY AND SOOTH ME WHEN I FEEL LIKE going crazy on some food whatever food. i haven't fell off yet but man i'm losing it i feel like, will this end?
Rae Smiles
on 1/11/05 9:05 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, I do not have the magic answer....I too have been dealing with intense hunger...it varies in degrees on certain days and certain times of the month (sorry boys).... I have found that I really can't fight the hunger....so, I eat every 3 hours...just a little something and NOT junk...I plan (to the best of my ability) my meals and that allows me to not feel guilt or worry about my NEXT meal.... If I am hungry, I know a meal is NEVER more than 3 hours away...also, I eat before I go to bed...a little something...I know some folks are dead set again carbs of any kind, but I eat healthy and some carbs are necessary, especially for energy...almost everynight I eat a single package of LOW SUGAR instant quaker oatmeal..there are several different flavors available....I add one package spelnda and some type of fruit...banana, berries, etc....and then I add a little milk.....this is not a high protein meal and it is the ONLY time that I eat a meal that doesn't have at least 10 grams protein. YUMMY and I get my sweet fix and I get my last meal of the night....sometimes I will eat a bit of left over dinner but typically that oatmeal calls my name. Anyway, back to your concern....reading this list and others, I believe we are "normal"...the appetite is returning and now it gets harder to make choices. Personally, if I don't get food on a regular basis I set myself up for eating junk or not getting in my protein...also, lack of food/nutrition for me sends me into a cranky mess....I find I can't concentrate or focus. Do you eat on a regular basis? If not, perhaps making a habit to eat every few hours..... Best wishes!! RAE
Classy M.
on 1/12/05 2:03 am - inglewood, CA
you had some good ideas Rae and i jus thought about scheduling timed meals more frequently to battle the sensation from becoming so overwhelming thanks .
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/05 9:06 am - South of Boston, MA
I feel that way too... I am always looking for something... but I tend to look and look and look, and never pick anything to actually eat. The only time I do is right before bed, I've always allowed myself a nightly treat, either some Keto ice cream, a real cookie, something like that..... As for during the day, I like to keep my TEETH brushed (it helps...) Also, gums, sugar-free mints... and a drink next to me at all times.... -Beth 313/298/156/130
Classy M.
on 1/12/05 2:05 am - inglewood, CA
thanks Beth i've done the gum thing too sometymes it works sometymes it makes me more hungrier . but i've tried to cube meat and get protein bars and take small bites to make it last longer to fight the munching sensation . thanks again
Larakatya
on 1/11/05 10:32 am - Twin Cities, MN
Have you been drinking soda? When I drink soda I am finding that I am MUCH more hungry. Also - how are you doing at snacking - are you choosing protein or carbs - when I eat carbs, I want more food than if I eat protein. Also - how are you doing getting your water in? When I'm dehydrated I am more hungry. I wish you the best - we're all facing this to a degree. ~Lara
DianneW
on 1/11/05 2:07 pm - Louisville, KY
I can't say that I've been much more hungry, but have been doing more stress eating because of the upcoming move. In fact I've only lost 1 pound in 12 days. Yuk. Yesterday was a really good day for me, but if I'm at home all day packing or with family those have not been good days. As long as I can get through the month without gaining I'm totally trying to give myself a break. I know when I get to Louisville and get settled, I'll have my routine again and have already vowed to start cooking. Now I eat lots of frozen dinners, healthy ones, but still. I have a barbie kitchen in my house with about 2' of counter space, my apartment kitchen will have tons and be state of the art. I think I may enjoy making some healthy meals on the weekends and freezing them for the week. I know - I'm rambling, but it's a committment I'm making to myself, along with exercising. Thanks for listening. Dianne 340/199/150
Classy M.
on 1/12/05 2:16 am - inglewood, CA
no problem Dianne that's what we're here for to listen and help. i think that's good ur not putting pressure on urself in regards to setting a set wt u have to lose and don't make it an that then added unecessary stress. God luck with the move and congrats for losing an not gaining. God bless
Classy M.
on 1/12/05 2:12 am - inglewood, CA
hey Lara, no i don't drink soda. i have choose to make ma snaking on protein stuff b/c as u said i have experience even before surgery all carb snaking leads to more eatting so no i avoid carb snaking as much as possible. i've also learned that sometymes when i do get really hungry a spn of peanut butter will take it away so i do peanut butter (varies diffrent ways) on occasion and i've also mixed cottage chez or ricotta with philly cream chez it's good and packed wit protein, carrots, cubed meat (seems more like snaking when it's cubed). i have several ideas but recently the hunger has jus become overwhelming at tymes. thanks for the well wishes i need it all.
Rachelq
on 1/11/05 10:31 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I'm right were you are! I tried the gum, but it seemed to add to the problem (plus I'm afraid of swallowing it.) I haven't decided what to do about it yet. but when i find what works for me I'll let you know. Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views