what to do?? son enlisting today

Donna R
on 1/10/05 11:01 pm - Paducah, KY
good morning, well yesterday my first born, my 17 1/2 year old son, went to Nashville, he is going to enlist in the MARINES today!!! OMG. I don't know what to feel or think. I do know that if I has not had this surgery I would spend this whole day grazing! Instead I am just cleaning house. I don't want to go anywhere in case he calls me. He will be home around 6pm tonight, that is a long way off!!!! thanks for listening Donna
Larakatya
on 1/10/05 11:27 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Sending you my love and support! I don't know what else to say, ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/05 12:04 am - South of Boston, MA
Oh Donna! I would be so torn between pride and sadness. :-l((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) -Beth
Dedicated
on 1/11/05 1:45 am - Eleva, WI
Thank you for allowing your son to keep me and my family safe. I can't imagine how I would feel if my son were to want to be in the military. Thank god he's only 11 and I won't have to worry about it for a while. Again, thank you. Please let him know that we'll pray for his basic training to be quick and painless and his assignment after to be in a safe place.
DianneW
on 1/11/05 2:16 am - Louisville, KY
I will keep you, your family and most especially your son in my thoughts and prayers! Dianne
Just Janice
on 1/11/05 2:12 am - Houston, TX
Oh Donna! You must be so torn! The proud mother of a serviceman, but the sad, worried mama of her little boy...Please thank your son for all of us! He is an honorable, upstanding young man! Janice
Donna R
on 1/11/05 9:05 am - Paducah, KY
HI again,well he did not get to enlist today, he takes medication for ADHD and they want him off it for a full year before he can enlist...yeah right! he needs this to help him through his senior year. He had to go 3 hours to do this and they got done early, he was going to have to wait around for 5 hours before his shuttle left. so..... being the nice mom i am an wanting to try out my new van, I went and picked him up!! only got lost 3 times!! we are home and although he is somewhat bummed, he said he will be fine. Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words. Donna
Rachelq
on 1/11/05 10:18 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Donna, That has got to be a big relief for you. I hope he wasn't too dissapointed! Hugs, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views