Is this as Good as it Gets?

sloane
on 1/11/05 9:25 am - New Albany, OH
Sissy, First congrats on all the great work - you're awesome! But, I think your fighting issues that many of us have or will ... we think (myself included) when we're heavy that becoming smaller will make us happy. I think I was focused on being fat that I blamed everything on it and convinced myself that if I got smaller that I would happy with everything - life, work, family, etc. I quickly realized that it didn't work that way. I'm down a lot of sizes, well I'll just say it ... I'm skinny now, wearing a size 4/6 and my mind is the same as it was at a size 24. I'm happy some days and sad on others and nothing has changed except my size. That was kind of a hard realization to come to. Don't get me wrong - I'm proud of myself and feel great and have a totally new outlook on life. But I had to get my mind into it. I think taking to a therapist is a great idea. Good luck. Tandi 246/151/7lbs to goal!
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/05 10:10 am - South of Boston, MA
DAYUM Tandi- 4/6--- you're tall right?? -beth 313/298/156/130
sloane
on 1/11/05 11:07 pm - New Albany, OH
Beth, You are sooo funny! I'm not tall - 5:5". I just think everybody holds their weight differently which is what accounts for the little sizes. My cousin is 5'7" and weighs 117 and we were the same size - it's weird b/c I'm 151 with 7 lbs until goal of 144. I know you don't want to hear it but I think it's the exercise that has helped me get so small. Esp the running/fast walking, it rips the weight off and seems to do it in the right places. But, I still have plenty of hanging skin esp in the tummy to get fixed! Tandi
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/05 11:18 pm - South of Boston, MA
Tandi- It's gotta be the exercise... We're very similar in size (I'm 5.4 at 156 lbs)... but my skin/flab proportion is high... You've probably gained lean muscles with your exercise (which I am still *ahem* not doing...) and I'm just floppy, Well, at least we know it works, and that's a huuuuuuuuuge motivation for me! Thanks -beth 313/156/130
sloane
on 1/12/05 5:14 am - New Albany, OH
Sorry to highjack this posting ... but Beth, I know I have been on you about the exercise for the last few weeks. You can just tell me to shut up. But, since you can't tell me right now ... here's some advise. I was just kind of playing around going to Curves a few days a week and sort-of exercising. Then, I couldn't get the last 27 pounds off - I mean the scale was not moving. So, I decided I had to exercise more. I set an exercise goal for myself and told everybody about it -I'm running/fast walking a mini (half) marathon in April (in honor of our one year anniversary of the surgery). Now, I'm committed. I told all these people. So, since I have to do it - I stick to my training schedule. I really don't like it that much but since I have to run the darn thing in 4 months I have to stick to it. It's a lot easier for me to look at it like that instead of I'm just going to have to run everyday for the rest of my life. Because if that were the case, I would just die. What kind of fitness goal could we set for you? I don't know where your fitness level is now but maybe walk a 5K in under a certain amount of time - there's a ton of walks (like for breast cancer) in the Spring. I will set up a (reasonable) training schedule for you if you want me to. Just let me know. Plus, I highly suggest curves. I still go 2 or 3 days a week. It's fun and builds lean muscle. Talk to you soon. Tandi
Debra S.
on 1/11/05 9:39 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
You are doing awesome - I had surgery right around the same time as you and I started out right around the same weight. I am currently down to anywhere from 182-185. I only want to lose another 5-8 pounds and be around 177. I am 5'9" and am wearing a medium shirt and can now fit into a size 12 pants. I am looking to have plastic surgery the beginning of July to get rid of excess stomach and arm skin. The plastic surgeon said I was ideal for a tummy tuck and when all is said and done I will have a flat stomach and could go down another 2-3 sizes in clothes. Don't worry about numbers - worry about how you feel and if you are happy then that is all that matters. I look forward to wearing a size 8 and am really happy that I am even wearing a size 12 considering I started out in a 22/24. Keep up the great job - the plateau will change I have been this weight for the past 2 months. Don't give up - keep chugging along. Keep us posted. Debra 277/182-185/177
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views