Is this as Good as it Gets?

Sissy N
on 1/10/05 6:56 am - Hesperia, CA
Please don't get me wrong, I am so happy with what I have accomplished with my weight loss so far; however, this will be the first time since surgery that I have not lost 1 single pound in a month, not even a flucuation Is this it am I thru I am no where near goal and frankly afraid that I won't reach it. My surgeons goal was 150 but my personal goal is 130. I am healthy now and that is all that really matters but I cannot get over the numbers on the scale I am wearing a loose 10 and tight 8's but still not happy Is something wrong with me, I should be happy. Thanks for letting me vent Sissy BS-290 SW-280 CW-168
thin_tyme
on 1/10/05 9:18 am - WY
Sissy Hey girl, you are doing so awesome. Look at your numbers! Man I started out at 283 I'm down to 175 and I am in a size 16 pants. I don't understand why we get so hooked on numbers..We gotta stop. We can't make you happy only you can. I just want you to remember how wonderful you have done. Maybe now your body has adjusted and you have to make some adjustments in your daily foods or excercise, I don't know. I really wish that I could give you the magical answer. I haven't experienced this part of our journey yet. Love yourself and be happy, girl you look great. Hip hip hooray for Sissy. I hope you feel better before you go to bed tonight. Take care Mechelle 283/175/140
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 9:52 am - South of Boston, MA
Sissy- It seems to be the time (9 months or so...) that things REALLY slow down. It's a challenge to lose now. It really is. I've got this goal hanging over my head to lose the remainder of my weight by my 1 year anniversary, and it seems unlikely I'll be able to do it... so I've really gotta do SOMETHING to kick it up a notch, KWIM? Are you journaling your food intake? Drinking water? Moving your booty? If so, your body just might be readjusting this month.... maybe your building new muscle to replace lost muscle.... -Beth 313.298.156.130
Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/05 7:21 pm - Richardson, TX
You are really doing great! Our bodies do need time to adjust sometimes. Maybe yours is just taking a break. I've had platueas myself and it is extremely frustrating. However, I DON'T think your weight loss is over is you don't want it to be. Just get back to basics. You know protein, water, excercise and logging them in. Get out your before and after pictures and look at them. That always gives me a pick-me-up. To see it in photos really gives us a reality check on how far we've come. If you are really concerned about why you aren't happy, maybe you could consider a visit or two to a counselor. I am in the process of doing that myself because I'm scared to death of those old habits coming back. Whatever the reason, sometimes they can just give you a new perscpective on things. Good Luck Sissy! Ronda
Rachelq
on 1/10/05 7:34 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow, you are doing great! The moderator for my support group says that a 'long' platue would be longer than three months. That it is typical to platue for two months the further we get out. She says the best thing to do is to change something in your routine. Up water, up protien. Go on fitday.com and see how your calories in compare to your calories out. Are you working out enough? Sorry you are frustrated...but don't forget to stop and smell the roses! Good luck, Rachel
Ayleneb
on 1/10/05 9:39 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Sissy, I am in a somewhat similar situation. We have very similar numbers though I'm jealous of being in a size 10! LOL For me I know that I haven't lost this month because of several reasons. Too much sweets and junky foods over the holidays, during that same time not getting enough aerobic exercise, and of course my body is adjusting to the surgery. I'm ready to get dedicated to working on this just like every other woman in the world does who wants to lose 20-30lbs. The gift is that this surgery has made it so that I'm dealing wtih 20-30 lbs, not over 100! I've heard it said and I knew it would happen - at some point after the surgery you/we will have to work to lose weight. I guess we are there - at least I don't feel like my knees are killing me when I walk a mile (and at almost 280lbs and only 33 yrs old they were!). This may be "it" for you as far as the surgery goes or you may just be plateauing but either way as long as you keep doing the right things your body will eventually respond. Now, if you are still having negative self-image and body issues I do think that the suggestion of a therapist is a good one. It's totally normal for it to take a while for our brains to catch up with our actual size and image but sometimes it does take some help. When I was 15 years old my mom got me on phentermine at the same time as she was taking it and I lost about 60lbs in less than 3 months, going from 180lbs to 118lbs. Being so young my skin tightened up and I looked fabulous (I have pictures to prove it LOL) but to my mind I was still fat! Somehow I was seeing a "tummy" when in reality all that there was is hip bones and a flat spot in between. I'm 5'6" with a large bone structure (wide shoulders, etc...) and 118lbs is waaaay to thin for me but I still thought that I was fat. Unfortunately I gained the weight back quickly. I never adjusted my self-image or my diet long term and that became one of many losses and rebounds. You are doing great with your weight losses. Hang in there girl and take care of yourself!! Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 278.8/170/150ish
Larakatya
on 1/10/05 11:24 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Dear Sissy, I know you say you're happy about where you are, but I read your words and they sound like what I say in my head too. Sometimes I get so concerned that the scale isn't moving - but I know why it isn't - I've been eating many carbs lately, and my loss(or lack thereof) shows it. I had also stepped back from doing my extra exercise. Put things in perspective - you are able to zip up a size 8 - GOOD LORD WOMAN - YOU'RE A FRICKIN POSTER CHILD FOR SUCCESS I'm SO proud of you, and so excited for you. I'll never make it to that size tight or otherwise. (Remember how we all used to say we're big boned. . .well at 6'3" tall. . .I really actually am big boned ) My advice to you: 1. Talk to a therapist - I don't think you're seeing your change, and talking to someone could make all the difference for you. 2. Look at your diet and exercise plan - and if there is room for improvement - do what you know you need to do. 3. Do a meditation every day this month - rather than taking time to step on the scale, use those 30 seconds to say a grattitude statement: "I'm so grateful that I can now wear button fly jeans" or "I'm so grateful that I was able to run and catch the bus yesterday morning" or whatever is relevant in your world. Stay off that scale for a full month, then see what she has to say after a month of diet/exercise tweaks and daily grattitude. I'll bet its news you'll like to hear. I wish you the absolute best, and again you're doing SMASHING Sistah! ~Lara lap rny 4.1.04 minneapolis Dr Drew 400+/206 (7 lbs away from "the big one")/190
Sissy N
on 1/11/05 12:08 am - Hesperia, CA
Thank you all for your replies I went to thinnerself.com and I need up my protein and my water. I've also made an appointment with a therapist. Thanks again for all your support, it means a lot to know that I'm not alone. Sissy
aimeexx
on 1/11/05 4:29 am - Beaumont, CA
Hey Sissy! I thought I was the only one going through a depression...I am so happy with my body but I still have all these What If's floating around, and for some reason over the holidays I was really depressed. I thonk it is a chemical depression and not a situational one...anyways I wnt to a doctor who gave me a prescrip but I haven't taken it yet. I want to join a gym and work out- that always makes me feel better- but with my job and school and a 2 year old it is hard to make the time. Anyways, you aren't alone! Aimee
Classy M.
on 1/11/05 8:33 am - inglewood, CA
ur doing great!! but i don't think it's over for u yet. i think u'll totally make it to ur goal of 130 ur jus 38 pounds away. i think u have that 130 under wraps. i wish i was in the hundreds an ma goal is 150, now i'm . God bless on ur cont. success
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views