Can someone tell me......

Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/05 4:27 am - Richardson, TX
How can I get all my protein in? I can not eat ANY dairy due to an allergy to casein protein in cow's milk (gives me hives-really serious). Therefore, I'm stuck with basically ...... meat..... meat........ more meat! I'm getting so sick of meat! What else can I eat? I am still supplementing with protein drinks and my doc says that I really should be getting everything in with food only by now. I need ideas. I'm going crazy here! Thanks everyone, Ronda p.s. I reached ONEDERLAND! finally !!! I'm at 196. That makes 101 lbs lost!
Dedicated
on 1/10/05 4:38 am - Eleva, WI
More meat? Seriously, how about peanut butter? Or nuts in general. I can't eat enough to get all my protein in with food, so I use protein shakes. I really don't do much for dairy, except cheese sticks. Any other dairy and I get pretty crampy and sick.
Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/05 5:05 am - Richardson, TX
Thanks Tina. I had forgotten about PB. I love PB! I do eat that sometimes (the natural kind). I was eating almonds for a while but it seemed like my weight loss sort of stalled. I think I was getting too much fat in. How much protein do you strive for? I've been getting about 60g but then I did the thinnerself website thing and it said I should be getting about 120g. Big difference. Thank again, Ronda
Karen S.
on 1/10/05 6:39 am - Island Lake, IL
ISO Pure zero carb. It comes in several flavors and can be purchased at the Vitamin Shoppe or GNC. I found GNC to be a bit higher in price though. Try the flavors before you buy a case. I like most all of them. Be careful to get the zero carb because they make one with carbs, too. It has 40 grams of protien per bottle. It has been real helpful for me. Karen
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 9:36 am - South of Boston, MA
Ronda, I'd just about shrivel up and die without my dairy! Really! Just today, I ate four cheese sticks, gruyere cheese, cream in my cauliflower cheese casserole, cream in my coffee.... you get the idea. As for suggestions- can you handle any protein snack bars? I can't handle many, so I don't eat them often or at least not whole bars. My husband lives on "Glennys' Slim Carb" protein bars in the chocolate flavor. They are crunchy... yummy stuff... I can eat about 3/4 of one without a problem.... Although- I don't know about the hidden dairy in food- does that also bother you? Beef & turkey jerky, beans (high in carbs, but great proteins!), hummus, soy cereals, girlfriends booty!, soy crisps, nuts, nut butters, soy nuts.... man this is harder than I thought-- I truly do live on cheese! -Beth
Dawn C.
on 1/10/05 10:57 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I agree with Beth or Beth's DH - I love the Glenny's slim carb bars. They have 140 calories and 12 gr protein. Not heavy like some of the bars. I also like detour bars. Glenny's also makes Soy crisps. They are like rice cakes. 70 cal. for 1/2 bag and 4.5 gr protien. 2 servings per bag. My favorite are the BBQ. The ranch are okay too. They are $1 a bag at CVS. I get the slim carb bars at a little discount store in town. I have not seen them anywhere else. Beth - where do you buy them? As for non-meat protein how about tofu. Now I personally don't eat it, I may try it for something different. I think it's like a sponge and absorbs what you cook it with. Maybe try to find some recipes online. Anyone out there eat tofu? Good luck! Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 11:52 am - South of Boston, MA
Dawn- They have the Glenny's Bars at my grocery store (Stop & Shop)... also I found the Soy Crisps at GNC on clearance .... I ADORE the MINT fudge ones..... ::drooling:: -Beth
Rondaslosinit
on 1/10/05 7:12 pm - Richardson, TX
Hey girl! Thanks. You had some great suggestions. I'm going shopping today! I do have to be careful with the protein bars because a lot of them are made with powdered milk or sodium caseinate. I'll just read the labels VERY carefully. I knew I could count on my April buddies! Ronda
Shanna E.
on 1/11/05 6:42 am - Vancouver, WA
what is girlfriend's booty? and where do you get it? I have seen pirate's booty, but that didnt look like anything that would be good for us to eat. How many different kinds of bootys are there
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/05 7:54 am - South of Boston, MA
Hi Shanna! Girlfriends Booty is a soy snack- made by the same company that makes the Pirates Booty..... I haven't had it in a long long time, but I have a coupla bags on hand.... I love the stuff! -beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views