Any one having Hot Flashes?

Josie C.
on 1/9/05 12:11 pm - High Desert, CA
Already been checked...not menopause...but I got them a lot early in my surgery and then they went away around month five and six...suddenly over the past month or so they have returned...any ideas what is causing this? My sister (Lucy R.) also post-op is also suffering from them intermittently...do you think they have something to do when we are in losing mode? Thanks for your help.
DianneW
on 1/9/05 1:23 pm - Louisville, KY
I'm not have hot flashes, but my periods are crazy, here for one day then gone then here for 10 days. I went to the health food store and bought some natural progesterone cream and Estrosense (a supplement) to try and get it back on track. The worst part of it is that I get menstrul migraines and the past two have been so bad I was vomiting (very unusual for them to be this bad). I need to get them under control before I start my new job. Dianne
Josie C.
on 1/10/05 12:07 pm - High Desert, CA
Unfortunately, my periods were very intermittent before surgery...I already lost an ovary a few years before...now they are non existent...my ob/gyn ran some test and did an exam...said everything is okay and not to worry until I can stabilize my weight...which won't be for sometime. I can start BC pills, but don't feel a need to right now. However, my endocrinologist has a different view and I have a handful of tests to take over the next month which will tell him if my thyroid suppressive therapy could be a culprit not only with the non existent periods, but the hot flashes too. So we will see. Hope you can get yours under control. Take Care,
Dedicated
on 1/9/05 10:28 pm - Eleva, WI
Now that you mention it, when I'm losing more I tend to get hot flashes. Don't know why, but its certainly interesting!
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 2:50 am - South of Boston, MA
POWER SURGES! Maybe you're feeling your metabolism work?!? I don't have a clue!! -beth 313.298.156.130
Josie C.
on 1/10/05 12:08 pm - High Desert, CA
Well, my endocrinologist wants me to take some tests over then next month to see if my thyroid suppression therapy medication could be contributing...so we will see how the results come out. Thanks,
Rachelq
on 1/10/05 8:12 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I was just posting to someone else that when I dump I get hot flashes. That's a pretty new occurance for me. Before I would just get tired and feel buzzed. Now I'm getting hot flashes. I'll run it past my doc at my 9 month appt.
Josie C.
on 1/10/05 12:01 pm - High Desert, CA
Looked over my fitday records and nope...no pattern...I was hoping it was something simple. Saw my Endocrinologist today and he is going to run some tests to see if possible my medication is contributing...I am on supressive therapy to prevent growths in my remaining portion of my thyroid and it is possible I am getting too much. Thanks for the help.
baddgurrl
on 1/13/05 1:51 am - Chino Valley, AZ
I occasionally get these lately , but I find it is after I have eaten sometimes it is really uncomfortable, and I know it is not dumping or anything like that. I am not quite sure what is going on, maybe our bodies trying to regulate temperature with the weight going down.
Suzanne T.
on 1/13/05 11:15 pm - saint george, KS
I'm experiencing the same thing and I know its not menopause, cuz I did that yrs ago. It seems to be about 30 to 45 min. after eating, but it doesnt happen every time I eat. It's most uncomfortable, but I just peel off some outer clothes and fan myself til it passes, which doesnt take too terribly long. I'm going to try and remember to ask the dr. about it when I see him in March. Hang in there, it's little to put up with considering all the problems we had before the weight loss. Suzanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views