Power Crunch Bars = Dumping! You?

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/05 9:12 am - South of Boston, MA
Dianne just posted that these bars made her sick in another thread. I have been saying how I thought these were gods' gift to post-ops... since they seem so naughty but so tasty! But, apparently not... it took me a while to decipher that they are awful for me! I've been sick every time I eat more than 1/2 of a bar. I actually got so ill-feeling from the one I had for dinner tonight, I practically passed out after eating it. They are touted as the "perfect" post-op snack. I just emailed the store at www. smarthealthstore. com regarding this... Just a warning....... don't waste your money without testing them first.... somehow.... ____________________________________________________________ -beth 313/298/156/130
Annette I.
on 1/9/05 10:46 am - burbs of sac, CA
Did they just recently change their formula? I think I remeber reading something about this. I didnt have a problem with the ones I ordered right after surgery, but i just recently ordered some more and have yet to receive them..hopefully they wont make me sick as I ordered two boxes!
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/05 10:54 am - South of Boston, MA
Annette-- I don't know-- I thought they were something entirely new... but... I guess not.... :-/ I hope they work for you, especially for the price! -Beth
Josie C.
on 1/9/05 12:07 pm - High Desert, CA
I had eaten them at the OH California Convention and didn't have any problem. I did order some (before Christmas) and have been eating them pretty regularly Monday-Friday and haven't had any problems. I don't know if I have the new formula or old I've only been eating the Peanut Butter and the Triple Chocolate. I hope I can continue to keep them down. I really like them...way better than the Odyssey or Premier Bars...too much sugar alcohols in them for me to eat a whole one at any one time. I also recently tried the CarbWise Lemon Yogurt Crunch...not the greatest, but tolerable...especially since I got them free. Keep you fingers crossed for me.
Donna R
on 1/9/05 1:06 pm - Paducah, KY
I am not sure if I have the right product but susan maria used to have a great protein bar but because of the low sugar content, they were not preserving well, so they upped the sugar since its a natural preservitive and now they are not good for us. Donna
DianneW
on 1/9/05 1:19 pm - Louisville, KY
Beth, I can totally relate, I only at 2/3 of the bar and felt awful. I'm sending them back. I bought 3 boxes. It was over $50.00. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 3:11 am - South of Boston, MA
Here's the response from the owner of www. smarthealthstore. com Good Morning Beth, Just got your email....sorry to hear of your not so great experience with Power Crunch.....I have heard of people having some trouble with the bars and as they cut down on the consumption or portion of each serving size, the problems went away. I know that if I eat more than one of the cookies I get sick because my body can't handle too much protein at one time.....results in gas and the runs. As I cut down the serving size, I can still eat them and enjoy them. Try cutting down the serving size. Let me hear back to see what went on. __________________________________________________________ So apparently, I'm to experiment and test to see how long it takes me to dump on them. @@ -beth 313/298/156/130
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/05 3:29 am - South of Boston, MA
Update- the owner is refunding me... She emailed me right away several times today...... -B
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views