protein and plateaus

Donna R
on 1/8/05 2:00 pm - Paducah, KY
I got a quick question, I have seen people say that when they hit a plateau they upped their protein. I need to do this, i have been stuck at about the same weight for a long time, also I have been stuck inside the house due to crudy weather, my dietician said I need about 74 grams a day. Today I got in 100 with the help of protein shakes. I don't want to get too much protein either, that would be a waste. also I think I was not getting enough water in, with the teenagers home, everything was off schedule. Thanks all Donna -90 something
Josie C.
on 1/8/05 2:07 pm - High Desert, CA
Hey Donna, You may want to try and go to that (www)thinnerself.com website and enter your info...it will tell you how much water you should be drinking, calories, and protein based on the data you enter. It helped me a lot...I need to drink 114oz of water a day...eeek! Take Care,
DianneW
on 1/8/05 5:23 pm - Louisville, KY
Great idea, mine says I need 96 grams of protien and 11 glasses of water which is about what I have been getting the last month and I lost 15 pounds last month up from 7 the previous month. Dianne
sloane
on 1/8/05 9:36 pm - New Albany, OH
Donna, I'm not sure how much you're eating but I know that when I hit my plateau I wasn't eating enough. As soon as I upped my calories I started losing again. Tandi 246/151/?
Donna R
on 1/9/05 11:47 am - Paducah, KY
thank you all, i went to thinnerself and need to up my water and protein, hopefully I will see a difference by sunday according to thinnerself I need to get 97 grams of protein, that is up from my 74, i got 100 today and my water is 77 ounces or 10 glasses I think i got about 80 ounces of fluids today Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views