Back from Mexico! Post is a little long.

thin_tyme
on 1/5/05 9:47 pm - WY
Hi friends I am back and I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas. We had a nice time visiting family in Mexico, it sure was a blessed trip. We went there to see my DH mother especially since she has been sick. We are so blessed to have seen her, we got back late Friday night and then Monday night we got a call that she passed on. We were not expecting that. My dh was not able to go down, they are not able to hold the body since they do not do funeral preparations like they do up there, they are on a very strict timeline. On a lighter note I did fairly well I guess with eating. Of course I did not get in all my protein and in 12 days I only lost 2 pounds. However with reason, I did not excercise, did not get in my water nor did I get in my protein. Oh and my eating schedule was off. However I'm back home and I have no excuses. Since I have been home I have lost another 2 pounds. What is really a bummer is that I do not really have any before pictures (gotta find something) to really compare. I have kept my biggest pair of pants though. I'm now at 176, this is what I weighed in highschool, maybw with a few extra. Oh I almost forgot, one of the neighbors in Mexico got into an argument with her husband over me. She actually thought that I was a new woman, that my husband had actually brought down and had a different woman. Her husband knew better but whe wouldn't give it up, I just thought that was funny, especially since I didn't think that I looked that much diferent. I guess I don't really see wha other's do. Sorry this was so long but I am glad to be back and just had a few things to share. I hope you all are doing well. See you Mechelle 283/176/140
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/05 10:23 pm - South of Boston, MA
Mechelle- I'm glad you're home safe! How was the food down there? Sorry your DH missed his moms' passing, but it's great that you were able to see her just before. :*( Congrats on getting to your "high school" weight... it's funny how we all remember that part of life and our weight... Your high school weight was smaller than mine- I was pushing 200 in school... and I thought I was so huuuuuuuge then! Who knew? Well, I was one of the biggest, but there were a few girls bigger... strangely they all seemed to be bullies.... I'll take this to another thread... now that I've stolen yours. Welcome home! -Beth 313/298/157/130
DianneW
on 1/5/05 10:50 pm - Louisville, KY
Welcome home, sorry to hear about your mother in law. I'm glad you had a good visit. Dianne 340/stuck at 200/150
Larakatya
on 1/6/05 3:26 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hello Mechelle, I love a good long post - no apology necessary for legnth. Sorry to read about the loss of your MIL. How fortunate that you were able to be with her soon before her passing. No water=no loss in my world too. Sip sip sip - I'm going to pee this fat off if it's the last thing I do! You're post reminds me to do just that. Huggles and good story about the "fight" Heheheheh! ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 Dr Drew Minneapolis 400+/355/208/190
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views