Upper GI Today

frea2bea
on 12/30/04 8:44 am - COlorado Springs, CO
I've not been regularly posting since OCtober. I regularly LURK, though. I ran into some problems with daily vomiting. Went to see my surgeon, and an upper GI was scheduled. I had it today. I was hoping to get an answer, and felt way concerned that if all was good, then WHAT ON EARTH is wrong with me. Turns out that I have been accomodating a stenosis of my Anastomosis (pouch to intestine). The radiologist wonders how I get anything other than liquids through the very stenosed opening. I have accomodated with assistance of my dietitican. SHe says drink while eating, gravies, and creams to moisten food, and SLOW. Always chew well. Slow is another issue. I am relieved that there is a reason for all this vomiting. It just seems so late in the process to have this problem. Have any of you heard of this as a problem this late int he process!? Haven't seen the surgeon yet, so I don't know what the plan is. Just that she mentioned dilitation if neccessary.
DianneW
on 12/30/04 9:09 am - Louisville, KY
My friend who had this - she's only two months out had the dilation and upper GI at the same time. I don't understand why they made you wait. That kind of sucks to make you go through the proceedure twice. Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Dianne 340/200 - 1 pound till onederland /150
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views