Let's post what we are eating today!

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/04 10:51 pm - South of Boston, MA
Lisa- You could probably get away with eating more good fats now... think avocados, nuts, nut butters... to help keep your body weight up although your intake is small due to the pouch, KWIM? That kind of stuff can stall weight loss at the earlier stages, but it can help you out now I bet. Must be a wild feeling to think you need to stop weight loss... Congrats on getting all the way there, though! -Beth (50% off! ) 313.298.158.130
LesaPurdy
on 12/28/04 11:20 pm - panama city bch, fl
Thanks Beth, You look wonderful by the way..I love the hair cut.I too cut my hair pretty short..But I actually love it. I eat a lot of nuts..I love them..I don't eat a lot of avacodo's unless I am eating guracamole(sp) Pecans,peanuts,mixed nuts,I love'em all.. My nutristinoist told me to try to eat 5 meals a day and 2000 calories.. to maintain my weight..But I am only 8 montths out so more weightloss is probably enveietable(sp) but I could slow it down by eating more carbs.. he even sent me a book..matter of fact he tried to tell me I was still overweight for my heighth.. he said I should be under 110 lbs ( in a perfect world) I said NO>.we are not in a perfect world and I don't wanna be thinner..at all.. I do wish however For boobs..Mine have melted into nothing.. my husband said after 1 year post-op I can see into getting boobies..but I have to wait 1 year from my surgery date.. so by the end of May I will have those.. and I won't look like a lollipop.. big head and body that is as strait as a stick..LOL At first my surgern told me I was losing slow or below average.. I stayed on my liquid diet for 8 weeks..I tried scrambled eggs at 6 weeks post-op and they felt like they got stuck..I was doubled over in pain for like 10 minutes until they finally went down..UGHHH.. so I thought that I needed more time on liquids.. so at 2 months I had lost approx 50% of my excess weight.. and then about 8 lbs a month there after.. more after my period.. then at month 4-5 I started having severe pains in my intestines.. found out my fluid intake wasn't enough and that had caused an impaction .. and also caused my intestines to Go to sleep.. so then I couldn't poop on my own with out taking dulcalax every other day.. again that put my weightloss on a down spiral.. and then at 7 months I had seen an enderologist to check my intestines using endoscopy AND colonoscopy..even the boel prep wouldn't unlodge the lump of feces stuck high in my colon.. but fortunatly he was able to remove it by breaking it down with the colonoscopy rod.. he then put me on Glycolax 2 times a day ,wgich helps store water into my intestines.. I have been on this medicine for 1 month and have used the bathroom (bm) 3 times on my own..NO LAX..WOOHOO so it is working..My intestines are beginning to WAKE UP.. and now at 8 months post op..I have lost 101 lbs.. I have no complications other than a minor poopie problem.. and I feel good.. but I look a little funny because my head is bigger than my wasit.. but I feel wonderful..You'll get there too.. you look fantastick already.. thanks for the reply Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/04 11:53 pm - South of Boston, MA
Thanks Lisa- My posting photo is old though--- I was just under 200 lbs there... in September. My newer pix are listing in the links in my profile... I don't look that much different, IMO... I just keep cutting my hair off. At least I know it's growing a little bit now... As for a little waist- I posted a few days ago- I'm in a study for people who were/are obese and receiving treatment, and the lady doing my measurements said I had the smallest waist of all the people she'd measured so far... that was wild... 'cuz I'm by far not small yet! I just laughed right out loud.. Thanks.. Beth (50% off! ) HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 158 GW- 130 -155, 28 to go!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views