All this talk of food is making me hungry...

Just Janice
on 12/27/04 1:24 am - Houston, TX
OH NO!!! I barely have one sagging butt cheek on the dern wagon, and I am eyeballing everything! Tamales, cheesecake, pies, OH MY!!!!!!! Does anyone else feel weak at the mere mention of food (especially all of these yummy things we've been talking about as being no-nos???), or am I just weak-willed? I am NOT going to jump head first off of the wagon, but I need help from not leaning over the side and grabbing "just a taste"...help!!! Janice....not gonna do it....would not be prudent at this juncture....
Larakatya
on 12/27/04 1:30 am - Twin Cities, MN
:giggle: I knew as soon as I posted it. . .it was a bad thing to click send. . . . Huggles - I need that support too. I need to change my thinking - I am making better choices! I am not going to graze my way through today. Best wishes, ~Lara - the wagonmaster!
Just Janice
on 12/27/04 1:33 am - Houston, TX
Oh, MS. Wagonmaster....will there be an in-route snack on this voyage? Janice
DianneW
on 12/27/04 3:47 am - Louisville, KY
I guess I'm lucky being single because I don't have to keep that food in my house. The temptation is too much for me. Even though sugar makes me sick. Go figure. Hang in there. Dianne 340/202/150
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/04 8:34 am - South of Boston, MA
Janice- Step AWAY from the leftovers. Throw them away. Screw waste, nobody's gonna starve! I did it this morning, pretty much anything that was left, I tossed... though we didn't have holidaze HERE.. we still had leftover junk. It's all gone now.... I gave the last of the sugar-free chocolate pudding pie to the kids tonight. Sugar free is bad news for me- it's always high in fat and calories, so what's the point?! Much of it makes me sick anyway! I still had a poor day, but tommorrow will only get better! -Beth -154...29 to go!
Just Janice
on 12/27/04 10:04 am - Houston, TX
Well, I packed up the rest of the goodies for dh to take to work with him. I stappled the bag shut, after putting everything into baggies, after wrapping everything in plastic wrap and foil. I figured that I am waaaay too tired to try to break thru all ofthat for one stinkin' cookie... We still have ham, so I made skillet chicken cordon bleu tonight, it was really good! I am going to make a ham, cheese, and broccoli omelette tomorrow for breakfast, ham sandwiches for the kiddos and just ham for me for lunch, and some sort of ham concoction for dinner. THEN, hopefully it will be gone. I am looking forward to the turkey chili I made and froze the other day! Why??? NO HAM IN IT!!! Hee hee! I, too, have found that sugar-free stuff is usually worse, both in taste and caloric/nutritional value. I'm sorry, shoot me if ya want, but if I am going to have a bite, I would rather have a good bite to savor rather than a mediocre, unmemorable one! Sugar Alcohols make me sick, but a small taste of sugar doesn't bother me (dern!) I did OK today, only 2 inch-round butter cookies. TWO! A few days ago, I wouldhave eaten 4 or so a few times a day, so I am doing a little better. Also, the fact I packed everything up and the kiddos licked the crumbs off of the plate saved me as well, so it wasn't all willpower I hope you have a better day tomorrow, Beth! I have a feeling that the farether from the "eating" holidays we are, the better!!! Janice (I'm thankin' the Lord that President's Day, MLK Day, St. Patty's, and Columbus Day are not associated with food! However...I'll be here for support on Easter, Labor Day, MemorialDay, next Thanksgiving and X-Mas! )
DianneW
on 12/27/04 10:35 am - Louisville, KY
I did good all day and then came home and ate a bunch of cheerios I didn't know where here, they are now in the trash. The junk is gone. I had to take 4 tums. I'm going to bed. I want healthy food. Dianne 340/202/almost to onederland /150
Rae Smiles
on 12/27/04 11:57 pm - Mount Airy, MD
yum, yum, h-a-m....I have been craving ham for weeks....finally broke down and bought a little ham...just my husband and I so we get sick of it before it is gone....I have been eating off of it for days now and was so disappointed to realize I forgot my ham for breakfast this morning...oh well, I had a chicken Lean Cuisine instead....21 grams protein. Any-who, I sure hope there is enough ham for dinner tonight...it is still calling my name. RAE
Just Janice
on 12/28/04 12:09 am - Houston, TX
HUbby and I usually get those little turkey hams. If you close your eyes and hold your nose, they sometimes taste somewhat like the real thing! I love ham, but am getting burnt out on it...I guess a 9 lb ham split between 2 adults and 2 kids will do that! LOL The sale was too good to get a smaller one! Here is to hoping your ham is still available for dinner.... Janice
Jillybean
on 12/28/04 4:07 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I admit I cheated a little bit this past month. I've eaten a slice of pumpkin pie, had a few Christmas cookies, even some chocolate. But I'm still managing to lose weight (although slowly). I think its probably because I'm not over doing it on these foods. I am really able to "read" my body now, which helps. I could have sworn that I would be gaining weight this month, as I feel like I've been tasting everything, but I've managed to lose about 10lbs this month, which really surprised me because I've only been losing an average of about 5-7lbs a month the past few months. Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views