Back on the wagon?

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/04 9:02 pm - South of Boston, MA
Okay, I fell off the wagon, and had a nice little no-weight-loss run for almost two weeks again, so it's time to get back to business. I'm not waiting for New Years'! In the past New Years' has just been an excuse to eat too much Chinese food and stay up late. NO MORE! I'm so close to being done that I can TASTE it--- and this grazing/snacking and pushing the limit with carbs and sugar is OLD NEWS... I'm sick of it. The last straw was last night--- I ate one too many of the beloved veggie chips and ended up on the couch in a nauseated stupor for 3-4 hours. We had a big snowstorm too, so I was not only sick, but sick, cold, in the DARK! So- here's my "plan"--- I nixed the Weigh****chers idea-- it's too much work for me right now, ... So- Three meals, what a novel concept, right? :-x No snacks, unless I'm seriously lacking in calories or protein. This is hugely difficult for me--- I have this tendency to want to eat every 1.5-3 hours no matter WHAT. So, my meals obviously need to be bigger or closer together. And, more no calorie liquids (I still HATE water....) And, my treat will continue to be coffee/espresso... if I don't lose any weight with making the food changes, I'll try like hell to drop the coffee habit... or at least lose the additives. If my only vice is coffee, I suppose I'm better off than I could be, right?! I do plan to try to match my coffee ounce intake with water products... to balance things. I know that's half of the problem. I've got 99 days to "goal".... and 29-33 lbs to go... it seems like a long time... but that STILL means I've got to lose 2 lbs a week- which is average for me--- but doesn't work every week. ____________________________________________________________ Are you making any changes--- or is what you're doing working for you already? ____________________________________________________________ -Beth 313/298/159/126
Dawn C.
on 12/26/04 10:13 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I am with you - back on the wagon! I have been struggling since Thanksgiving. This morning I got on the scale and am down to 203.5 but have been bouncing between 204 and 206 for weeks. So I need to make this loss stick. The grazing must stop! I felt like a stuffed pig all weekend. Today I am starting to track in fitday again. Good luck with the coffee. I have been able to control myself pretty well with that. My doctor really prohibits caffeine so I try to have only 2 cups of decaf a week. It's the stuff that goes in it that's really bad! Do you like any type of herbal teas? I have found a few that are "hearty" enough for me to some milk to them. Like a cinnamon. On a bright note I did get into missy (not women's) size 16 pants. Whoo hoo! Gotta take the little triumphs when you can get them. And I did see some people that haven't seen me since before surgery and they all complimented me. Not sure if all of them knew I had the surgery or not. Well good luck, your loss has been great. Dawn 296/287/203.5/160?
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/04 10:59 pm - South of Boston, MA
Dawn, As for teas- yes, I love tea! I think it's the caffeine that I'm having a problem with, I crave it. Tea doesn't give me the kick in the @$$ that a good cup of french roast or a double shot in a latte... I love mint tea...chamomile... Earl Grey....and regular black tea... The holidays have been really cool- although I've struggled to lose during them, I've seen everyone who hasn't seen me since surgery or since the summer, and they're all like then to me... I got a really amazing jaw-drop too, from a family friend of DH's who hadn't seen me since May or so--- and he was just like "DAMN!" Those moments really make it worth it--- when you know you're a changed person! My BIL's GF, too, always has been like, "Oh you're shrinking.." and making comments regarding her size, and how it's pretty small--- and now--- we're about 4-9 lbs apart. :-x She was telling me how she went to the GAP and bought size 4 pants... and I was just like, "Wow- that's amazing, how much DO you weigh?" (I can only get away with that because I'm blatantly honest about my own weight too...) And she says, "Oh, I fluctuate from about 150-155" I was like, "Holy ****e!" Goodness nows 150 looks a hell of a lot better on HER than me, cuz she didn't have babies or gain a lot of weight in her life... But, a size FOUR? Yikes... does GAP really run big? If so- I'm gonna haul my floppy @$$ there this week!! I bought an outfit for Christmas parties and such, and it was just a straight Juniors Large top and a Juniors Size 11 pant--- I don't understand the sizing differences from Juniors and Misses' though---- I buy juniors because the Misses' stuff where I end up shopping always looks too old for me....either that or I'm in major denial already Hey- I wrote a book. :-x Beth -154, 29 to go....
Kim T.
on 12/27/04 8:04 pm - Dracut, MA
i'm back on track, but i dont think the holidays did as much damage as i thought... before christmas i was teetering back and forth 173-175, back and forth over and over grrrrr... this morning i weighed, expecting the 175 from all the grazing... and i was at 170!!!!!!! 8 more pounds and i'll be at the 100lb loss mark!! i set my original goal for 150 but as its getting closer i may go for more.. more more i tell you... (in my mad scientist voice) i'm only 5'1" so 105 here i come.. ha ha ha (thats a joke) off to work, have a great day everyone! ~Kim
mikkozoe
on 12/26/04 11:14 pm - Conyers, GA
Well i have already started on my plan ....WATER WATER WATER ...no more soda for me ...well only one here and there for a treat ..bu****er all the time ....No more Beer ( yes i was lucky enought to still be able to have a drink here and there and i was getting to the habbit of having a beer every night very very bad ) so that is out .....And i am going to start working out once the treadmill is put back in teh room ( we started to paint last night and just discovered it needs a second coat ...woo hoo so the tread mill might be on hold for a few) ..and more protine ....I cannt give up my snacking i have to eat something every 1-2 hours even if it is a bit or two ...so that i am going to keep going .....but defintally going to keep the water flowing and the alchole out ....and the protine in and the carbs cut back ..( i have to have soemthing here and there LOL) Laura ;jump:
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/04 11:32 pm - South of Boston, MA
Laura- I went out to dinner a couple of nights ago- and we had a long wait, so I got a beer, I think it was a Michelob Ultra? It was the first time since surgery that I actually finished one, and it made me tipsy, hot and dizzy. About 20 minutes later we ordered dinner- and I was sick that night... I don't know if it was the food or the pre-food beer. FWIW, we were at the Olive Garden, I had about 1/4 of the Chicken Limone dish--- but mostly just broccoli... and about 3 olives. I've heard many people say that alcohol is a huge issue with post-ops, that it can so easily replace that emotional eating... It scares me to death, but I'm thinking it's a good thing that one beer makes me tipsy, because I won't go any further than that. Not only that--- but alcohol turns into sugar when it metabolizes, right? -Beth
Just Janice
on 12/26/04 11:52 pm - Houston, TX
I want back on the wagon! For the last few days, I have fallen off, tried to wave it down, and chased it down the street.... I have increased my fluid intake, although I am still dabbling in the Splenda realm of things....Also, I am going to send all of the X-mas cookies I made to work with DH so that he and his co-workers can engorge themselves instead of me. (They are sooooo yummy..sigh) Like you, I can taste goal...another yummy item, if I do say so myself. Even tho I was a bad, bad, bad girl, I still lost weight. I need to remember that this is not the norm. I cannot get used to misbehaving and being rewarded! LOL Also, I have had a glass of wine every night for the last 3 nights. Even if I sip, I still get a little buzz and get sleepy. I have had issues sleeping/falling asleep for the last few months, and it was a welcome thing. HOWEVER, I cannot get used to this! I don't want to trade addictions! That would NOT be a good thing! Anyone know of something that helps with sleep? My MD suggested camomile tea, but it doesn't work. Any ideas? Well, I hope we are giong to have a full wagon here. I am looking forward to riding around with y'all!!! Janice 346/310/184/160
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/04 12:48 am - South of Boston, MA
Janice- Yeah- I've been plateaued for two weeks, and after eating terribly I finally lost about a half to one lb this morning. This wagon is bound to fill up. Although about 50% or more lighter than it woulda been back in April!! As for sleeping-- I don't know-- I get very tired and then stay up too late sometimes... I don't have problems getting to bed... if I do- I'll come online and tire my eyes out! -Beth
Just Janice
on 12/27/04 1:16 am - Houston, TX
LOL...everytime I have tried to go on-line to tire myself out, I always get involved and stay up too late! Derned if I do, derned if I don't Hee Hee! I agree, the wagon is much easier on the carthorse this time around... Janice
Larakatya
on 12/27/04 1:03 am - Twin Cities, MN
Warm Milk - works every time. Huggles, ~Lara 400+/355/208- ish/190
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out