Hello everyone!!

bky962
on 12/23/04 4:46 am - Visalia, CA
it has been such a long time since I've really been on this board. I had my surgery the 5th of April and have lost 75lbs. I consider it a slow losing process when I see you all passing me up. What am I doing wrong? i do notice that I can eat more than what I use to, is that normal? This year I thought I could be good and stay away from the Holiday goodies. but I'm not doing so well. has anyone else have that problem as well. Sweets have always been my down fall.But I'm continuing to try. anyway I just thought i would check in with everyone here since we seem to have a common bond. Rebecca
DianneW
on 12/23/04 5:21 am - Louisville, KY
Hi Rebecca, I think the people who weigh more to start loose faster. Are you getting enough protien. I increased my protien this month (again) and have already lost more than last month. I have been have trouble with sweets and had some cookies in my house I had to throw away. It's strange because eating one or two makes me feel sick but I still eat them. So they are gone. I try not to keep any carbs in my house at all, they were totally my downfall. I will treat myself to a piece of good italian bread when I go out. Hang in there 75 pounds is great! Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/04 5:39 am - South of Boston, MA
Rebecca- Were you smallish to begin with? This usually has a lot to do with it... We're both 4/5ers... I started out at 298 on surgery day... And for the sweets, I'm having issues staying away from it... I keep taking a bite here and there.... this is the hardest season for me by FAR, as all my old pals come out to play.... fudge, baklava, Godiva truffles, I've been eating way more than I should of sugar... even if it's just a bite here and there--- it always adds up to a full serving throughout a day or two! UGH UGH UGH! I'm paying for it though, I'm not losing any weight! Beth 313/298/160andeatingwaytoomuchfudge/126
bky962
on 12/23/04 8:47 am - Visalia, CA
See Beth I think thats where I am. It is so tempting and so I vowed to myself that I will be not having any kind of sweets for the New Year at least the beginning cause I'm not sure how my will power is. I'm not of small build and my fluffiness is pretty well porpotioned except for the chest, there I wasn't blessed. Thank you Rebecca
mikkozoe
on 12/26/04 11:04 pm - Conyers, GA
Rebecca i would not worrie i had surgery on 4/6 and i have only lost 75 pounds ..now i am 5'10 and i started at 300 so i guess i have less than most to lose ....and i am not too worried i know what i have to do to get things moving again ( drink more water, work out, and more protin) so that is my new years goal....But dont worrie there are others that are right there with ya .,..so you are doing great .....and yes i can eat way more than i could in the begining ......not as much as pre surgery but more than a bit here and there .....so you are not alone !!! Laura
bky962
on 12/27/04 1:36 am - Visalia, CA
Thanks Laura. Sometimes I get so discouraged until someone tells me that its mormal or something. I think I should have already lost at least 85 to 90 lbs. by now. it's crazy and not crazy at the sametime. Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views