I can't believe it - 20 lbs til Goal!

Ayleneb
on 12/22/04 10:46 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I wasn't one of the "lightweights" to begin with - 280lbs is pretty substantial and I didn't lose any weight before surgery. In fact, I'm pretty sure I gained right before surgery with all of those "This is the last time I will eat ..." So, I can't believe that just 8 months and 10 days later I weigh 170lbs and am only 20 lbs from my official goal weight. There are some who have lost weight faster but I never expected to lose this fast! I'm feeling pretty great physically and so thankful for the surgery this year. With some of the new family issues that I have going on I truly believe that I wouldn't be able to manage my life and kids right now if I was carrying around an extra 110lbs as well. On the other hand...I can't imagine that I will be satisfied with my body's appearance in another 50lbs but that may be more due to the condition of my skin on my tummy, inner thighs and under arms - yuck! It's scary looking! I'm still hoping that at 33 yrs old I'll retain some spring in that skin! LOL Merry Christmas to you all! Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 278.8/170/150ish
Dedicated
on 12/22/04 10:50 pm - Eleva, WI
Wow that outstanding! You've given yourself a great gift this year!
Larakatya
on 12/23/04 12:38 am - Twin Cities, MN
Wow Aylene, Century club + some and so close to goal. This is awesome stuff! It's hard some mornings to see the change - since from far away the tummy looks the same shape. . .it's just deflated. I think we all go through this. Reading your post suddenly it dawned on me that I only have 18lbs to go until my next goal (which just might be my final goal). Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too!!! Huggles, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 400+/355/208/Goal of 190
bky962
on 12/23/04 4:37 am - Visalia, CA
wow!!! Aylene that is so great!!! I started at 262lbs and I need another 35 or 40 lbs to go. You are doing awesome.Did you have any problems with gas pains? Right now my weihgt isn't moving and I burp like you wouldn't believe. I was hoping someone would have an answer or solution for me. Congradulations!!! Keep up the good work. Rebecca
DianneW
on 12/23/04 5:18 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations, that's awesome. I would really like to loose 55 more pounds and get down to 150, but if I get to 170 I'll be thrilled. I started out at 340 and the dr. said 200 would be my goal, I'm 205 now so I should be there very soon. Yeah! Dianne 340/205/170 or less
Ayleneb
on 12/23/04 8:31 am - Jacksonville, FL
Occasionally I do have gas pains along with all kinds of other weird bowel stuff LOL but not much burping...hmm, probably don't drink fast enough for that. My weight will sit still (and bounce up) for a couple of days to a couple of weeks then suddenly will jump down a pound or three. The next day it is usually back up a few pounds but I take that new low and go from there! Aylene PS Thanks for the encouragement guys! Regular people just don't understand how exciting 170lbs is! LOL
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/04 5:43 am - South of Boston, MA
Aylene- Congrats on being so close! At our meeting the other night, one of the docs asked us what suprised us most about the surgery... and I said "That it WORKED!!" As for the skin- it's just gross isn't it!? I can say that cuz I've got tons of it. I've been playing Lara's "stupid human tricks" like a madwoman... Continued luck! -Beth 313/298/160andstuckonfudge/126
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views