Good news and bad news...lol

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/04 8:48 pm - South of Boston, MA
(from my journal) The trip to the hospital for the bloodwork and body composition went well... though I won't have the results of the testing until I go back to chat with the testing coordinator. I've got good news and bad news, though, :-x.... As she was measuring my waist, she told me that I had the smallest waist measurement that she's seen through this study! I just laughed! That's a first! Bad news is, I didn't realize that I'm even SHORTER than I've been saying! I'm only 5 foot 3 and 3/4---- NOT 5 foot 5! It wouldn't be that big of a deal normally, but that means my BMI is actually higher too! UGH! She told me that if I make even little changes in exercise, I should see big results, after initially gaining muscle weight back, since I've probably lost a lot of muscle. For every 10 lbs lost, approximately 3 lbs is muscle- so I could venture a guess that I've lost up to 45 lbs of muscle--- which sounds absolutely scary.... I'm sure I could gain a few muscles back- I'm a weakling, LOL! I'd like to get my hands on a treadmill, new or used... in order to exercise at home. The gym thing is just not something that works out for us--- with little kids. We've tried, over and over! -Beth 313/298/160andstuckedagain/126
Dedicated
on 12/22/04 10:20 pm - Eleva, WI
About March is the best time to buy a used treadmill! By then most have given up their new year's resolutions! Also right after the first of the year! Lots of people think they'll stick to it this year if they get a bigger better machine! My height keeps changing too! Depends on who measures me it seems! Plus I'm convinced I've lost fat on the bottom of my feet! That didn't help either! I'm about 5'3" on a good day!
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/04 10:27 pm - South of Boston, MA
Yeah- I've even seen some on the side of the road, given up for adoption, lol...........treadmills that is... I'd hate to buy one and not use it--- you know how intentions are! But, I can't imagine it would be that hard NOT to...... and there's noone here to watch my flaps jiggle if I'm doing it late at night when the kids are in bed anyway..... -Beth (who thinks she should get her @$$ outside for a fast walk while the kidlets are with Daddy shopping............)
Just Janice
on 12/22/04 11:40 pm - Houston, TX
Yeah Beth (for the itty bitty waist) and for your muscle loss... As for thetreadmill, have you checked to see if Yahoo has a Freecycle group in your area? Freecycle is a group that offers stuff that people don't use anymore, need room for more, etc. It is done to prevent senseless discards into landfills. So far, I have received a ski machine, a weight machine, a bunch of supplies for the hermit crabs, and hubby has gotten a boatload of computer stuff. All of my "undergrown" clothes have gone onto our local board, and were snatched up within minutes!!! Check it out! You never know what you will find! Hubby and I belong to several groups in our area.... Just a thought Janice
DianneW
on 12/23/04 5:15 am - Louisville, KY
I would also check ebay for a used treadmill, they will say for local pick up only, you may find one in your area. I'm envious of your tiny waist. Mine is huge. I thought I was 5'8" but when I was measured for surgery was only 5'6", it's a bummer. Dianne 340/205/170
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/04 5:48 am - South of Boston, MA
Yeah, well, apparently my waist is the only tiny part- I can't recall the measurement, but it was like 32" at my top of the hipbones? Does that sound right? She grabbed the flapping skin rolls on my arms too, and told me I could lose those too, I was like, "Look, there's MORE!" and lifted them up to show her.... -Beth 30 lbs to goooooooooooooooooooooooooo
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/04 5:45 am - South of Boston, MA
Thanks for the tip Janice... hm.mmmmmmm..... -Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out