Trying Out This Board

Laura B.
on 12/17/04 2:00 am - Sandston, VA
I had Surgery 4-20-87. I was 296 prior to my surgery. Today I am 18= 109 poungds lost. I am so proud of my self. I do get discouraged at times. My weight will go up then down. It flucuates daily. I like it when it drops three pounds at the end of the week. Why does our weight flucuate daily? What secrets do you all know that helps this flucuation? It is so frustrating. I know that I still have another 40 or so pounds to lose and it will come off. I have gone from a 26 to a 14/16. It feels awesome. Congradualations to all on all of our progress. HOORRAAAYYY!!!!
Josie C.
on 12/17/04 2:56 am - High Desert, CA
Hi Lorra, Welcome to the April Board...you want secrets please if you find any pass them on. It sounds like you are going par for the course. I tend to lose 5-7 pounds every couple of weeks...I just hang out at my high weight and then boom I drop overnight. You are doing great! And only 40 or so to go...I so wish...I've got more than a 100 and I'm still not in the Century Club. Happy Holidays, 343/330/255/128
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/04 7:58 am - South of Boston, MA
W E L C O M E! As for the fluctuations- I don't understand it, but my body does it! This morning I weighed in at 161, when I was 160 yesterday... it's just wild... and just drives me bananas. So, I just log my weight when it changes in the right direction, so I've been 160 for a few days, but have seen 2-3 lbs. come and go in three days?! UGH!! -Beth 313/298/160/126
Larakatya
on 12/17/04 11:06 am - Twin Cities, MN
Welcome Lorra, Always welcome to get new playmates on the board! Regarding weight fluctuating every day - the only way to not care about this phenomena is to STOP WEIGHING every day. **pouts** (I am yelling at me, not at you. . .I was doing so well there for awhile, and yet as I type this the scale is sitting in the bathroom on the floor. . . .instead of in the closet where it belongs until sunday morning when I get to do my weekly weigh in. You're doing a FANTASTIC job! Keep posting if you like, feel free to ask anything, ~Lara
DianneW
on 12/17/04 1:22 pm - Louisville, KY
Welcome, It sounds like you are doing great. Dianne
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 12/20/04 11:48 am - Los Angeles, CA
Your doing fine.. Im a swinger too.. I swing up to five pounds in a night! Dont let it bother you.. It works itself out. Soon youll stop watching the scale.. (every hour that is.. he he he)
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views