Following another plan?

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/04 8:10 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hi all.. Does anyone follow another "diet" plan? Besides following the all protein all the time business...or straight Atkins plan... does anyone follow Weigh****chers? _________________________________________________________ I think that I may need to follow a plan as I get close to my normal weight, because I fear that I can outeat my pouch calorie-wise in a whole day, and I need to limit things. I was just thinking that I eat more food (calorie & fat wise, not quantity) in a day than I would eat to lose weight on WW at this weight. When I did follow WW- I was allowed a lot of "points" since I was heavy. Now, I wouldn't get as many, and I am sure I'm going "over"... and that would certainly explain the slow losses and plateaus! I think I need to be much more liable for my eating. Logging it doesn't always mean I am doing it right, since I've allowed myself to eat stuff that I wouldn't if I *were* on a plan, KWIM? So- I'm challenging myself... I'm gonna go on a modified WW plan... I haven't been to a meeting in over a year, so I'll need help.. I don't know how many "points" I get at my weight, and I do need to know about their low-carb option, since I still need to avoid carbs. Anybody out there have the current info? I want to follow the higher protein option, I weigh 160, and I think that's all I need to know to get the point amount.... I'd hate to sign up and pay $13-15 a week to weigh in... I figure I'll loosely follow this kind of day: BF- Carb Countdown Smoothie (100 cals 3 g fat 12 protein) Lunch- Smart Ones LC Meal (or my staple turkey with lettuce or sprouts) Dinner- Smart Ones LC Meal (or appropriate food from family meal) Snacks- As little as possible, if any must be lower in fat that I've been having. Beth 313/298/160/126
DianneW
on 12/14/04 11:53 pm - Louisville, KY
Beth, That's a wonderful idea. I think I still have my old weigh****chers stuff around somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out. It's a couple of years old but basically the same. It would be good for me to do as well. Dianne 340/209/170
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/04 7:33 am - South of Boston, MA
Thanks... I'm checking it out... Hmmm.... Beth
Donna R
on 12/15/04 2:29 am - Paducah, KY
this sounds great, i would like to do this too, right now I just don't eat "white" stuff.. like sugar, pasta. potatoes, rice Donna 277/185/150 -92
Donna Paige
on 12/15/04 4:01 am - Pottstown, PA
Beth you are just too good at this dieting thing. I swear they can cut my stomach away but they can't take away my dang desire to eat everything in site. Hoorah! After this gall bladder surgery I'm back to eating a few bites at the time like in the beginning after the bypass. My biggest fear is of defeating the pouch and making all the wrong food choices. I never could follow weigh****chers or do the atkins thing. I wonder sometimes if I am just doomed to failure. Then I look at the scales and see that I'm about to reach my biggest goal and that's to be below 200lbs. I'm 8 lbs from it and it feels wonderful. Just scared itless that my desire to eat will over take me and I will manage to get that chocolate in or the pizza or fries. Wish they could develop a chip to insert into my brain and everytime I go to eat something bad it would zap me. My cousin who had this done 3 years ago is back to his original weight again. At any rate be sure to pass on any good recipes, ideas, diets to the rest of us! You look great! Donna 339/208
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/04 7:41 am - South of Boston, MA
(((Donna))) I also have those food demons! They are in my head, they make me buy a bag of peanut m & m's... they make me take a bite of that chocolate chip cookie...but I'm trying like hell to defeat them with good foods! I just know it's going to be a battle, for life, and I'd like to get started on the right foot once I'm at goal. I don't want to regain.. I've seen others do it too... it scares me to death... I can't become who I *was* again... why would I have bothered to cut my body open and alter my insides?! It's not so much dieting as it's just the way of life now... I need to make good choices and find the best way to lose this last bit of weight and then maintain at that point. I'm going to be eating this way for life--- low carb isn't a trend for us, right? It's for life.... I'd like to figure out what works.... now so I can fall back on it in the future if I fluctuate my weight............KWIM? Beth 313/298/160 30 to goal!
DianneW
on 12/15/04 8:27 am - Louisville, KY
I tried a new frozen dinner tonight (Life Choice). I had been eating Luin Cuisune low carb but this was really good. I saved half for tomorrow night. They are more expensive. Dianne
sloane
on 12/15/04 8:29 pm - New Albany, OH
Beth, Good morning. I'm following weigh****chers and have been to lose the last 27 lbs. to goal b/c it's killing me - harder than the first 75lbs. I knew I could eat about 1100 cals per day so I figured I better start "managing" my calories better and I think WW points is the easiest. I eat about 22 points per day (I weigh 157) and eat about 35 flex points per week. I can tell you all the points, etc. just e-mail me your weight. Oh, it should be 22 points per day + 35 flex points per week - I just realized your weight was posted up there. I eat every point. I think think one of your problems may be that you aren't eating enough. As soon as I started eating, the weight started coming off again. I also exercise 6 days a week which is CRITICAL. I still eat five - six times per day. I get my protein in everyday (well, i try to but I don't follow low-carb. I avoid all sugar but I eat other carbs. When I was high-protein, low-carb I couldn't lose. I talked to my nutritionist and she advised a balanced diet - like WW - eating what you want in moderation. It's worked really well. I have 13lbs to goal. Let me know if you need more WW info. I can copy my materials and mail to you. Tandi 246-157-?
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/04 9:01 pm - South of Boston, MA
You guys really rock... I love all these responses!! Tandi- I am so glad to hear that it's working for you, following WW that is... I seem to have hard time losing with straight proteins because I choose higher fat proteins a lot (too much cheese, pork products...) Are you attending meetings? Do you tell the leaders you're a WL patient? Last time I went, I was pregnant, and they kicked me out. :-x Although it's helpful, I don't know if I'd want to bother with the $13/wk... (But I must say it's cheaper than the ^%@^$ small support groups at my hospital, which we have to pay a co-pay for... needless to say I haven't gone, ever.) I was a WW member at least four times in the past 4-6 years.. and lost probably a total of 100 lbs. in those times.. so I know it works... just wondering how it is when you're working with a better tool. How do you track your points daily? Do you utiltize the website? On paper? I'm a fitday junkie--- points don't work there... Beth 313/298/160/126
Josie C.
on 12/16/04 3:36 am - High Desert, CA
Hey Beth, Was reading your post and was wondering since you are a Fitday junkie like me...why don't you modify it...enter your foods under the custom list and change one of the columns to count points? Just a thought...will give you something to do when you want to snack. Happy Losing! 343/330/255/128
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views