Traveling for Christmas!!

thin_tyme
on 12/12/04 7:37 am - WY
We are going to Mexico to visit my DH family. His mom has been very sick and I fear this is the last time we will get to see her. I havent' seen her in 10 years. Anyway I am a little nervous now since my eating is so different. Our daily diet down there consists of beans, tortillas, eggs, salsa, rice. Rarely any meat. I can't eat eggs everyday, I think I might lose it. I had thought of taking down my big canister if protein mix but I think I have decided against that, we don';t have a lot of room. I am taking down my little food scale though. We will only be there about 10 days so I should be ok with out my protein drink. I am just a little concerned about getting in my protein from other sources. I had even thought of taking down food from here too but limited space has thwarted that. Any suggestions?? Probably not much that I can do but just get through it. What is everyone else doing for Christmas?? Mechelle 283/181/140 P.s. by the way I have finally lost 100 pounds.
Josie C.
on 12/12/04 8:31 am - High Desert, CA
How about some protein bars? Optisource had some really small ones that had a good amount of protein in a small package...it reminded me of carmel covered chocolate. I am going to Northern California...wine country...the Napa Valley. It was were I was raised and my Mom still lives there. Congratulations on losing 100lbs...I am still 12lbs away and can't seem to get the scale to move in my favor...still hopeful to reach it by Xmas. This wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have another 100 to lose, but I am trying to keep my chin up. Happy Holidays,
DianneW
on 12/12/04 9:24 am - Louisville, KY
I would at least take protien bars, you have to have something to eat. 10 days is a long time. Have a wonderful time. Dianne
thin_tyme
on 12/16/04 11:32 am - WY
You are right Dianne, I need to stop along the way somewhere and pick up some protein bars. Mechelle
thin_tyme
on 12/16/04 11:31 am - WY
Hi Josie, thanks for the advice on the Optisource bars. I think I tried those once, from walmart? Unfortunately I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and now I am leaving tomorrow and have not bought any. My nearest Walmart is an hour away. 12 lbs away from 100, it will come. Many congratulations on doing so well so far. Try to remember how far you have come so far. Remember you are doing well. We all have seemed to hit a plateau at one time or another. I know it doesn't help any but I guess it must be normal. Have fun in California, enjoy the sun. Mechelle
thin_tyme
on 12/16/04 11:47 am - WY
Hi Josie, thanks for the advice on the Optisource bars. I think I tried those once, from walmart? Unfortunately I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and now I am leaving tomorrow and have not bought any. My nearest Walmart is an hour away. 12 lbs away from 100, it will come. Many congratulations on doing so well so far. Try to remember how far you have come so far. Remember you are doing well. We all have seemed to hit a plateau at one time or another. I know it doesn't help any but I guess it must be normal. Have fun in California, enjoy the sun. Mechelle
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/04 12:05 pm - South of Boston, MA
Mechelle- I agree with the other ladies... protein bars are probably the way to go... Just take along a case of the kind you prefer... and have one for each meal you won't have. Other than that- maybe jerky, soynuts? And, don't forget to drink.... Congrats on making the century club!! -Beth
thin_tyme
on 12/16/04 11:35 am - WY
Big thanks Beth, how could I have forgotten my soynuts, I have tons of them. Thanks for the reminder. I even forgot that losing 100 lbs puts me in the century club, thanks for that reminder as well.. Mechelle
Just Janice
on 12/12/04 12:08 pm - Houston, TX
Is there room for beef/turkey jerky and nuts (soynuts/almonds)? Both pack well, need no refrigeration, and are full of protein. The beans you are going to be eating, do they have protein, or they high in fat with the way they are prepared? Janice 346/310/188/160
thin_tyme
on 12/16/04 11:37 am - WY
Hi Janice Well of course I could have the beans both ways, straight form the pot or refried. Of course refried are high in fat so I will avoid those. I will have to have a couple of bits once in awhile though, I like em. Janice you are doing great. Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views