How much can you eat at one time?

Rondaslosinit
on 12/10/04 4:06 am - Richardson, TX
I just had lunch with my Mom and we got involved in conversation and I wasn't paying attention to what I was eating. Before I knew it, I had eaten an entire tuna fish sandwich, complete with two pieces of whole grain full size bread! YIKES! I wasn't even really stuffed afterward. What can you eat at 8 months out? Ronda
Donna R
on 12/10/04 4:33 am - Paducah, KY
with me every day is different. some days I can eat more then others. I think it also depends on the density of what your are eating and how well you chew it. Donna
Dedicated
on 12/10/04 4:47 am - Eleva, WI
I agree. Every day is different for me. Last night I made pork chops, they were a little dry, only ate like six little bites of it and I was full. But, the evening before I made a turkey caserole (still using up thanksgiving!) and ate a little over a 1/2 a cup! Depends on the day, on the food and how much time I spend on it! How long was your lunch? That could be the culprit. Did you forget and drink with your meal? That could be it too!
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/04 5:37 am - Lost in Woods, PA
it really depends on what i'm eating. i've been known to eat a 1 1/2 cups of chilli or five chicken strips. what matters is how you did it. not paying attention is most likely why you were able to - it probably took you longer than you normally give yourself for a meal and the food had already started to leave the pouch. i remember when i had my first big meal - i realized it had taken about 45 minutes to an hour to eat and i was in deep conversation when i did it. i tried to duplicate it the following week with only eating it in the 20 minutes i'm alloted and couldn't get through half of it. so there are a lot of factors, time, texture, how your stomach feels that day, how your stoma feels that day....it never seems to be the same. have a great weekend. and don't worry - you didn't do anything wrong.
Classy M.
on 12/10/04 8:01 am - inglewood, CA
THE AMT I EAT VARIES FROM DAY TO DAY. SOMEDAYS I CAN EAT TWO CHICK LEGS AN SOMETyMES I CAN EAT ONE OR JUS A BITE OR TWO. BUT I HAVE NOTICED IF I'M BUSY AND EATTIN I WILL EAT too much AND ONCE I REALIZE IT, SOMETYMES IT'S TOO LATE. I HAVE TO STAND UP SOMETYMES TO ALSO EVALUATE MA FULLNESS WEIRD BUT TRUE.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/04 11:49 am - South of Boston, MA
Ronda- Depending on the type of food, the amount varies. Meat- 2-4 oz (depending on type, ham is easiest for me to get in a full 3 oz) Broth based soup- 1 cup Chili or thick stew- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup Yogurt- just under 8 oz container makes me full Cottage Cheese- 1/2 cup (can eat so much LESS of this... it fills me up fast) Salad- 1 cup or more As for a sandwich, I don't eat bread, so I can't really judge it, but when I order a sandwich/sub from a place like Subway, I can eat the insides of one half generally...or more depending on what the filling is. I could probably eat 1/3 to 1/2 of a regular sandwich on whole grain bread. My husband can eat 1/2 a sandwich or 1/2 of a 6 inch sub from Subway.... sometimes leaving out a few bites of bread... Beth
DianneW
on 12/10/04 1:19 pm - Louisville, KY
I throw the bread away first thing and then decide what I'm going to eat. I don't eat stuff like that as I don't like mayo. Tend to eat plain lunch meat and then only half of that and I always order some vegies. My doctor told me it's important to get vegies and fruits in our diets as well. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it, going out is hard. Dianne
mikkozoe
on 12/10/04 10:24 pm - Conyers, GA
Ronda Well to be honest there are days i can eat a whole sandwich ( not too offten) and then there are days i can eat just half ...Depends on what i have had that day and how fast i am eating ...But unlike alot of people on here i think i can eat more than most and at first i was scard but then i think that is just the size of my pouch and all that ....so no worries in my mind as long as you were not super full and all i think your bodie probley needed it !!!! Laura
Rachelq
on 12/14/04 12:37 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I can easily eat a cup to cup and 1/2 of food. I would eat the entire contents of a sandwich sans the bread. Bread gives me a stomach ach. But I can eat the Carls JR bbq chicken sandwich with out the bread with no problem.
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/04 7:54 pm - South of Boston, MA
I nuked a Smart Ones Meal last night... it was Beef and veggies in a light stir fry sauce... one of the low carb ones... and I was able to eat all but like 2 TBSP of the veggies... for 25G protein, it's a good choice for me now... I think I might start using those for lunch or dinners more often, and "follow" the WW "points" again... If I can finish a meal that size, I could potentially eat three a day and that's what many people do to lose weight on WW.... (rambling here) Perhaps I have been eating too *much* without measuring all my food..........I'll give it a whirl... Beth 313/298/160/126
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views