Hip and Knee Pain

DianneW
on 12/9/04 1:28 pm - Louisville, KY
Since I started doing an aerboics class I've had terrible hip and knee pain. I went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday who states nothing much in the way of arthritis but I could have bursitis. I did give me a cortisone shot, I'm hoping that will help. I am also going to get a bone scan to see if something else is going on. This pain is awful and it wakes my up at night. I hope they figure something out. Dianne 340/215/150
Larakatya
on 12/9/04 1:59 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I'm praying and hoping that you're feeling better soon!!! Huggles, ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/04 9:46 pm - South of Boston, MA
Dianne- I hope you get it figured out- but I am glad you're exercising! Would it be easier to do something less stressful on your joints like walking on the treadmill? -B
DianneW
on 12/9/04 11:10 pm - Louisville, KY
Beth, That probably would be better, but I'm stuck leading this exercise video at work, I try not to do things that hurt to bad. I'll have to see how it goes. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/04 2:14 am - South of Boston, MA
Oh- you're in charge of getting everyone else moving?! You're a brave girl! I am so terrified of things like that! -Beth 313/298/163/126
DianneW
on 12/10/04 1:14 pm - Louisville, KY
I would be with normal people, but there are crazy patients, I've been doing groups with for years. No big deal really, actaully it's kind of fun, and my hip felt a tiny bit better today so maybe the cortisone helped. Thanks for your support. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/04 11:12 pm - South of Boston, MA
Oh, I guess that makes a difference! I'd blend right in with a mental community! Sign me up for your class! -Beth
DianneW
on 12/11/04 10:43 am - Louisville, KY
LOL, you crack me up. You wouldn't fit right in. But the guys would like you, the are a bunch of perverts! Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/04 10:55 am - South of Boston, MA
Oh, my! Well, I'm a perv too! -Beth
Rachelq
on 12/14/04 12:35 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Dianne, Bummer on the pain. If it is bursitus, your most likely gonna need a new workout option. I have it in both of my shoulders (after lugging my huge baZOOMS around since I was nine. I have to be careful about the types of exercises I do or it really flairs up. But, I don't want to start getting injections, because the more you get the more you need and it can start more deterioration. Beleive me I watched my dad get shots for years, now the shots don't work and he has nothing to releive the pain. Good luck and let us know what the scan shows. Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views