11 days no losses, but a NSV or two!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/04 10:20 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hiya all... Just wanted to share a non-scale victory... I've not lost a pound in 11 days, and just yesterday put myself back on my almost all protein diet... since I was indulging a bit too mu*****arbohydrates... anyways, I hope that helps again. But, I am officially in a new size range. My mom took me shopping for a pre-birthday gift... and I got two pairs of jeans (size 11/12)... and a pair of Dockers in a 12... all fit wonderfully! Also got a couple of tops in size L... two bras... 36B, they fit much better, not falling down! And, the biggest thrill, a short down winter jacket, size MEDIUM! Now, this is a very smallish jacket, I didn't think it would even go on.. but it did, and zipped! I got that thinking it would get me two years use, since I only have 37 lbs left... but we'll see... I was just psyched to see "medium" on the tag. It was also a huge deal, $28.00 down from $100.00... I can finally see that I am so much smaller, and I look absolutely normal WITH my clothing on. If I get nakie, though, it's a different story, it looks like I've been through some serious trauma on my lowest belly, arms and inner thighs... I got one the first comments yesterday, I went to my husbands' old work (he's in banking, and just transferred into another branch) and the ladies there asked how much I'd lost, so I said, "Oh, 146 lbs..." (which of course sounds wild when you say it out loud...) And they all said, "So you're done now, right?" I say, "No, I've got some left... and it's hard to lose.." and they're all like, "Don't lose too much?!" Go figure, lol.... it's so different being on the other side now, isn't it?! Beth Plateaued, but in a size 11/12!
DianneW
on 11/23/04 11:12 pm - Louisville, KY
Congratulations! You are doing wonderful too! I had a one week of no weight loss last week (the week my period started) which is how my body always used to work. But this week I lost 5 pounds. Uping the protien always seems to work for me. Congratulations on the size 11/12. Dianne 340/215/150
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/04 3:14 am - South of Boston, MA
Dianne- Thanks! I'm hoping the protein helps! I'm trying hard to stay away from the naughty trigger foods. I'm doing alright today, too high in fats, but some lean protein should help balance my day later. Beth 313/167....37 to go
janiej
on 11/24/04 5:33 am - Independence, IA
Beth, Congrats. You and I are about the same place. I'm kind of between sizes. The hand-me-down 14's fit, but I tried on some 13/14s this weekend that were too big. I didn't bother with the 11/12s since I wasn't buying anyway, but.... What a great feeling. I'm at 167 and think if I get to 140 I'll be find. My ultimate goal is to always stay below that ugly 150 mark. My ultimate size though is a 10, but I would be very happy in 12s. I got a pair of Gap jeans that button up the front at goodwill a few weeks ago. Couldn't get them buttoned, but can now. I do have trouble breathing in them though. I seem to be staying thick in the middle even though I'm pretty much an hour glass shape. Smaller pants will fit my butt and thighs, but stay tight in the waist. Oh well.... Isn't life grand now!!! Oh the bra size is still 36 DDD. My girls were always bigger and even though I've lost they're still there. Actually I think they look pretty good. If (a big if) I were to have surgery I'd get them down to a good C cup though. My losses have been coming and going. Patience is what gets me through them (I'm usually short on that too). Last week I lost so I'm happy again. Have a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for your inspiration. Janie Lap RNY 4/14/2004 272/167/140?
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/04 8:00 am - South of Boston, MA
Janie- Thanks for replying.... and of course I'm a bit jealous of the boobs! I suppose I'm pretty balanced though now with a smaller body, I dunno, lol... Beth
Rachelq
on 11/26/04 11:25 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Yeah Beth! You are doing awesome. Can you beleive its only been 7ish months. I just took my 6 months progress pictures. (a little late huh?) I looked at the pictures and said "not bad". Its nice not to be as critical of myself as I used to be.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views