shopping...

Kim T.
on 11/22/04 1:38 pm - Dracut, MA
I've been on numerous mini shopping sprees lately and i'm wearing about a size 14 or so.. Is anyone else completely lost in these big stores, like Macy's, Filenes, ect?? i sorta miss lane bryant. i went in lane bryant the other day (got a coupon in the mail, had to go) and tried on every size 14 shirt and sweater they had until i found like 3 of them that didnt look ridiculously big. amazing, i dont need to go in lane bryant and spend 40$ for a sweater but i did, three times over I'm a shopaholic!! i never thought i'd have issues with this!!! ~Kim
Larakatya
on 11/22/04 3:19 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I am turning into SUCH a label *****! Banana Republic - I SWOON! Gap - o how I love ye! Marshall Fields - no longer in the woman's world - I am venturing out to the rest of your bounty! Delia's - you make me feel so young, you make me feel there are songs to be sung. . . I walked into a Bebe and rather than scoffing at my presence they welcomed me and offered to show me around. (!) (PS - I am a 14-16 right now too. I have a XL and L shirts from the Gap, and XL and L skirts from Jones New York from Marshall Fields - it is WEIRD to see a shirt size with no x in front of it. . .) I force myself to only troll the clearance racks - I am finding su*****REDIBLE deals!!!! I found 3 shirts for work at JcPenney's for $2.21 - that was a STEAL! R.I.P. Lane Bryant - I can still fit your size 14 jeans, but we both know that it won't be long until I will have to say goodbye for good. it's better that we part on friendly terms. We'll always have from ages 11-27. I gave you some of the best years of my life. You stood by me and even employed me as a Sophie girl for a brief stint. I'll miss your convenience, your helpful employees, and your wide comfy chairs to sit in. Let's still be friends. . .don't cry. . . you'll find someone else, you're a good store. Any girl'd be lucky to have you. *standing up to be counted* Hi my name is Lara, and I am a shopaholic! ~Lara Isn't it just INTOXICATING to walk into a mall and know that any store you want to go to. . .is now within your reach? OH - and incase anyone out there is wondering: Women's Underwear sizes explained Medium - 5 - 8-10 Large - 7 - 12-14 XlL - 9 - 14-18 XXL - 11 - 20-26 XXxL - 13 - 28-32 (these are estimates based off of what I actually wore, and my best guess on the Mediums since I'm not quite there yet)
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/04 10:28 pm - South of Boston, MA
R.I.P. Lane Bryant - I can still fit your size 14 jeans, but we both know that it won't be long until I will have to say goodbye for good. it's better that we part on friendly terms. We'll always have from ages 11-27. I gave you some of the best years of my life. You stood by me and even employed me as a Sophie girl for a brief stint. I'll miss your convenience, your helpful employees, and your wide comfy chairs to sit in. Let's still be friends. . .don't cry. . . you'll find someone else, you're a good store. Any girl'd be lucky to have you. ******************************************************* LARA- MS. Lane employed me and clothed me! She gave me my first real-world job! I was always stylin' head to foot in her finest. She saw me through ages 12-25. I wrote yesterday in another thread how I just look "longingly" in her windows and remember I don't fit anymore! I have a pair of LB jeans in my closet. They are a reminder of WHY I should be happy *not* to fit there anymore. They are a size 28 "flare" jean, and I could NOT button them when I purchased them. They were bought as a celebratory pair after losing weight one time! Of course, I've jumped into them... and I'm fitting in less than one leg now, While I do miss her, it's amazing to realize I am not FORCED to buy the hugely overpriced "fat lady" clothing in an effort to look current and "cute"... I mean, what were the options for me in a 28?! It was Lane Bryant, selected department stores had 3Xs... and catalogs !! Anyways- your post made me ... Beth 313/298/167/130
Larakatya
on 11/22/04 11:04 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I had to lose about 60 lbs to get back into my LB 28s. My big pair of jeans are Ralph Lauren Polo's (ok, so I kinda was always a bit of a label *****) in size 56 from the Repp Big & Tall website. . . . I spose I can get off of their mailing list now huh? ~Lara (ps get rid of the size 13 grundies. . .what are you going to do with them? I have a sack of LB size 22 and size 10 hanes her ways that need to get gone. . .)
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/04 7:51 am - South of Boston, MA
I've been throwing stuff away left and right... nothing fits. I just need to remind myself that it's okay to do so, KWIM? Beth
Larakatya
on 11/23/04 10:18 am - Twin Cities, MN
Oh yes! Same here! ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/04 10:30 pm - South of Boston, MA
Women's Underwear sizes explained Medium - 5 - 8-10 Large - 7 - 12-14 XlL - 9 - 14-18 XXL - 11 - 20-26 XXxL - 13 - 28-32 ****************************************************** Okay- so I've been wearing 8's--- what's that, a 14-16? I've got some 13's in my drawer that really need to go in the rubbish I guess! Beth -146 and holding
Kim T.
on 11/23/04 12:08 am - Dracut, MA
lmaooooooooo you are too cute!!! you are much more 'ballsy' than me, i havent decided i can fit into clothes at most of the regular stores and i'm a bit afraid to venture in..... how dumb is that??? well i guess in a way i'm saving myself tons of $$ if i knew i could walk in and fit in the clothes there i'd be broke as heck!! ~still trying to walk past the lane bryant door without popping in.... Kim
Rondaslosinit
on 11/23/04 1:30 am - Richardson, TX
Lara, you are so funny! Your post just made my day! Ronda
Sue B
on 11/22/04 9:16 pm - WI
Yes, Yes, YES I too am a shopaholic! I was just at Lane Bryant last night to find out that the sz 14 tops fit me just right! I am now in sz 18 pants & 20 Jeans. To think just 7 months ago I was in a 28 top, Pant & 30 Jean ... I kept grabbing the wrong sizes & the girl kept telling me "You aren't that big try this size" and her size was too big too ... what an EXCELLENT feeling! I feel so liberated! I finally am starting to feel normal & accepted. Like Lara said ... the sales girls don't take 1 look & turn away, they say hello, how may I help you, can I help you find that in your size ... Oh what a glorious feeling!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views