Too much water?

Rachelq
on 10/26/04 11:20 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi all. While I admire the H2o efforts of late, remember to go by what your surgeon says abou****er intake. Too much water may flush away vital nutrients and minerals. My surgeon says 64oz of fluids...so I'm sticking to that! Good luck with all of your endeavors! Rachel
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/04 5:31 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Hey Rachel - was that the max they told you that you could have or the minimum. Mine was minimum of 64 ounces - that is what the body is required to run on. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. I consume over 140 ounces per day (with my surgeon, pcp and NUT's approval) and my blood work has been coming back perfect and in fact i'm on very few supplements (1 iron 3 times per week, 1 b12 three times per week and normal geritol one per day). I do agree - everyone needs to ask their own physician as each is different but you need to have them clarify if that is the maximum or the minimum..... Open RNY 4/19/2004 "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." Bill Cosby
Rachelq
on 10/27/04 5:57 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Yvonne! Good point. It is at least 64oz. The reason it came up though, is because my mom in law was just told to start cutting water down because she is deficiant in certain areas. Of course this recommendation came after they tried a few other things such as upping suppliments, etc. She cut out some of her water and her blood work came back great! I did a search on the internet a few studies have revealed flaws even in the 64oz recommendation. But who knows...if doctors can't agree...but your blood work sounds great! I go for my 64 (I usually get about 75 of water and don't count other fluids so I'm probably getting even more). Its a tricky balance even for that much though. I couldn't imagine shooting for more. I urniate regulary and its always lite yellow (probably more than you wanted to know ) Anyway...all in the name of balance! Rachel Ps. Love the cosby quote! I may have to adopt that one as my own!
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/04 6:16 am - Lost in Woods, PA
sounds like your doing great.... and trust me i know what you mean - mine's see through . as for the quote, feel free i'll give you a link below where there are some great ones. just remember the http:// and the www. thingies. quotes for all occassions and all moods - i hope you enjoy. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well." Josh Billings
Pegtrala
on 10/27/04 10:44 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Rachel. How are you doing? I posted a question abou****er in the response to the 6 month anniversary post for April 27 people. What abou****er? Can it stretch our stomachs? I know I'm not drinking enough, but I seem to be able to eat more. Also, when I try drinking something...even a sip...too soon after eating, it really hurts my stomach! Any advice? Thanks! By the way, congrats on your great weightloss! Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views