h2o calculator website

Classy M.
on 10/26/04 9:51 am - inglewood, CA
i found this website from another post someone else posted on another board. it calculates your water intake needs according to yor wt. and amt. of exercise. it help me some b/c i really wondered how much water is too much and what amt is really conducive to wl. it may not be 100% correct but it gives me an idea. check it out bottledwater.org/public/html/input1.html
flirte
on 10/26/04 5:10 pm
Thanks for the website. I need to drink 83 oz a day I will keep plugging away. Brenda
Dedicated
on 10/26/04 11:44 pm - Eleva, WI
Dear god, mine was 119 oz per day. I'd float away!!!!
Larakatya
on 10/27/04 2:05 am - Twin Cities, MN
Good GOD! Mine said 143 ozs! I don't think I could do that even if I wanted to. . . I wonder how much this site is for people over 200 lbs. Well, it gave me a giggle anyway, and I'm glad it's helping you =) Have a GREAT day! ~Lara
Donna R
on 10/27/04 5:08 am - Paducah, KY
wow, 138 oz!! i dont think so, my dietician said I did not need near this much, plus i would be in the bathroom allllll day. I get around 64 oz a day, Donna
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/04 5:28 am - Lost in Woods, PA
well, it looks about right according to what my NUT and trainer have said. i should consume close to 136 ounces per day which i am currently consuming about 148 to 156 per day. it really isn't that hard. You also have to consider soups, protien drinks, etc., etc. that all adds to your fluid (and it should be fluid) intake. Water is of course the best but anytime you put anything into it you change it's molecular structure. So, my NUT and trainer have both said you need to count all fluid as your body will extract the water that it requires. So, a 3 to 4 ounce bowl of soup (with the exclusion of creams) will be about 2 ounces of fluid - unless of course you have all broth. I start my beverage intake at 7:00 a.m. with my first 32 ounce protien drink (which i make myself to control calories), and follow it with 64 ounces prior to 1:00. From that i go for another 32 ounce protien drink and then follow that with another 64 ounces before 7:00 p.m. I then consume another 64 ounces of fluid before 11:00 p.m. And no, i'm not running to the bathroom all day - after the first week of this your body adjusts and you have normal bathroom breaks....you will also notice that it helps the bowels - keeps em moving for sure....you need to remember that 75% of the water in the human body is stored there. Anyway, great site and people should really take it seriously - especially if you are working out or exercising in any fashion - the more fluid the better. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." Bill Cosby
Pegtrala
on 10/27/04 10:58 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Yvonne. I just read your profile, and you're doing great! I'm glad you posted how you make your protein drink. Sounds good. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the info abou****er. I still have some questions about the how and when to drink water. Does it hurt your stomach to drink water? I have to be very careful and consequently, I'm not drinking as much as I should. Oh well. We're each different! Thanks again for sharing. Peg Open RNY 4/27/04
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/04 10:38 pm - Lost in Woods, PA
Peg, many thanks for the wonderful comments. Sometimes water does hurt, if i drink to fast or too big a gulp.....i sip all day long - the joke here is that the glass has been attached to my lips. If you see me, you see my "it's not easy being a princess" mug.... I do change mugs to suit my mood though but generally i have one of those double insulated coffee mugs that i carry every where i go at work. when not working i have a water bottle attached at the hip. I looked through your profile and can see that you have other concerns which are most likely causing the pain and i wish you the best. It's not easy getting in the minimum - it took me over 2 months to work up to just that and then a steady increase from there. the protien drink is the best - there are sooooo many flavors you can make - it's just the imagination that holds you back..... Open RNY 4/19/2004 "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Buddha
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views