*WLS Survey, for all!*

Suzanne K.
on 10/21/04 9:54 am - Millsboro, DE
Date of Surgery:4-19-04 Type of surgery:open Starting weight:257 Amount to lose:120 Current weight:163 Amount Lost:94 Longest stall: 3 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal: 24 Do you exercise? What kind?:Yes, pilates & cardio Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb):Yes, low carb What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?:eating too fast and not being able to drink with meals. Would you do it again?:ABSOLUTELY!! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?:sweets Does sugar make you dump?:no Does fat make you dump?:no Do you tell people about your WLS?:sure do Thanks, Sue
lauryn P.
on 10/21/04 11:07 am - or
Date of Surgery: April 23, 2004 Type of surgery: LAP RNY Starting weight: 247 Amount to lose: 117 Current weight: 153 Amount Lost: 94 Longest stall: Maybe two weeks? Amount to lose to get to goal: 23 Do you exercise? What kind?: No...I'm a BAD girl!! I will be starting soon though. Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): No What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Not much. Would you do it again?: Over and over again. Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Not really Does sugar make you dump?: No Does fat make you dump?: no Do you tell people about your WLS?: All the time!
Donna Paige
on 10/22/04 2:59 am - Pottstown, PA
Date of Surgery: April 12, 2004 Type of surgery: RNY- Open Distal Starting weight: 339.9lbs Amount to lose: 200lbs Current weight: 224lbs Amount Lost: 115lbs Longest stall: 4 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal: 90 Do you exercise? What kind?: Unfortunately none as of late YIKES!!! Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): Umm no What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Remembering that this is just a tool and that the hard part is reformatting the hard drive of my brain to eat GOOD NUTRITIOUS FOODS. Especially since the further out you get, the easier it is to eat. Would you do it again?: In a New York Minute Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Sugar Does sugar make you dump?: Unfortunately NO Does fat make you dump?: Only in excess Do you tell people about your WLS?: Anyone that will listen (or standstill LOL)
loriann117
on 10/30/04 9:06 pm - New Bern , NC
Type of surgery: OPEN RNY Starting weight: 231 Amount to lose: 110 Current weight: 141 Amount Lost: 90 Longest stall: Right now, for the last month can't break 141..... Amount to lose to get to goal: 20 Do you exercise? What kind?: Walking, but not like I should. Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): Low Carb and lots of chicken What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Not eating too much because it will all come back up. Would you do it again?: YES, MA'AM!!!!! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Does sugar make you dump?: Too scared to try and don't wan't to find out! Does fat make you dump?: Haven't had any issues, but too scared to try something high in fat also.... Do you tell people about your WLS?: Only people that I know well. I am not advertising weight loss surgery. I do tell people it was the best decision of my life, but certainly not for every body because of the changes you have to make the commitment it takes. Great survey, I enjoyed reading it and thought I would share also...... Lori 231/141/120
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views