*WLS Survey, for all!*

2FatB4
on 10/20/04 8:39 am - small town, MI
Date of Surgery: 4-12-04 Type of surgery: Open RNY Starting weight: Highest 294 - Day of surgery 280 Amount to lose: 155 Current weight: 174 Amount Lost: 120 from highest Longest stall: 4 weeks - seemed like forever Amount to lose to get to goal: 49 Do you exercise? What kind?: Yes - 3-5 miles on the treadmill every night Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): I get my protein, water and supplements in every day. I avoid white carbs and sugar. What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Noticing that people treat me better now. It just reinforces that they treated me poorly just because I was fat. Would you do it again?: Yes. Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: As I get out farther and farther, I am surprised when I see that I can eat more. Things seemed to have leveled out now. Does sugar make you dump?: Yes - and large amounts of sugar alcohol too. Does fat make you dump?: I try not to eat anything high in fat so I haven't had any problems yet. Do you tell people about your WLS?: No. It is none of their business.
Donna R
on 10/20/04 11:58 am - Paducah, KY
Date of Surgery: April 20 2004 Type of surgery: open RNY Starting weight: 277 Amount to lose: 127 Current weight: 197 Amount Lost: 80 Longest stall: 2 months Amount to lose to get to goal: 47 Do you exercise? What kind?: I walk 3 miles every morning. weather permiting Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): kind of, What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: having both my teens birthdays just 3 months out, it was hard not to eat a peice of thier cakes Would you do it again?: Yes Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: spicy food Does sugar make you dump?: not sure, i am very careful not to have over 8 grams of sugar in a meal, there is sugar in almost everything Does fat make you dump?: I think so, I feel kind of woozy after I eat peanut butter Do you tell people about your WLS?: only a few, its no one business. Donna
thin_tyme
on 10/20/04 12:07 pm - WY
Date of Surgery:**April 16, 2004 Type of surgery:***RNY/LAP Starting weight:**283 Amount to lose:**143 Current weight:***199 Amount Lost:***84 Longest stall: ***2 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal:***59 Do you exercise? What kind?:*** Leslie Sansone walking videos, Pilates Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb):***low carb, high protein, no sugar sugar What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Would you do it again?:***in a heart beat Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?:***bread Does sugar make you dump?:***haven't pushed it far enough to see if I would do that Does fat make you dump?:***Just like the sugar answer Do you tell people about your WLS?:**I do tell people about my surgery. I may get negative responses(so far not yet) but I am ok with that, it's my life. Also I want people to know because what if they are thinking about it then I can be a source of support for them. Mechelle Nice survey
DianneW
on 10/20/04 1:45 pm - Louisville, KY
Date of Surgery: 4/15/2004 Type of surgery: Lap RNY Starting weight: 340 Amount to lose: 190 (So I say) (Dr. says 140) Current weight: 226 Amount Lost: 114 Longest stall: 1 week Amount to lose to get to goal: 76 (Woo hoo, I think I can do it) Do you exercise? What kind?: Not yet, I'm trying to deal with some back pain, plan to start doing Leslie Sandsone next week Do you follow a diet plan? Low carb, high protien What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Getting Pulmonary Embolism's and almost dying was very scary, now the skin flappage bothers me. Would you do it again?: In a heartbeat Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: No Does sugar make you dump?: Yes -- if I eat very little Does fat make you dump?: Yes Do you tell people about your WLS?: Yes Dianne 340/226/150
DianneW
on 10/20/04 1:45 pm - Louisville, KY
Shelli_LessBelly
on 10/20/04 2:10 pm - Creve Coeur, MO
Date of Surgery: 4/14/04 Type of surgery: open-RNY Starting weight: a whopping 430 pounds Amount to lose: a whopping 250 pounds Current weight: 309 pounds Amount Lost: 121 pounds Longest stall: haven't stalled yet....:::::knocking on wood:::: Amount to lose to get to goal: 129 MORE pounds Do you exercise? What kind? I walk and I ride my exercise bike Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): low carb, low sugar, low fat What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience? having to pay for it myself.....it was quite a chunk of change, but well worth it.....you can't put a price on your LIFE Would you do it again? absolutely! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now? nope, not really.......but everything I've tried, I've tolerated with no problems, so the eating part has been easy for me. Does sugar make you dump? I don't know, and I don't want to know! I'm too afraid to eat anything with sugar in it! Does fat make you dump? I've eaten some high fatty foods (a few french fries, real butter, etc.......and I didn't dump. Do you tell people about your WLS? Yep, I've told all my friends and family. I'm proud of my surgery and my success so far.
Debra S.
on 10/20/04 10:21 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
Date of Surgery: 4/15/04 Type of surgery: Lap RNY Starting weight: 277 Amount to lose: 107-127 Current weight: 192 Amount Lost: 85 Longest stall: few weeks - right now Amount to lose to get to goal: 22-42 Do you exercise? What kind?: yes - jazzercise 5 days a week Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): try to watch carbs and get in my protein What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: haven't really had much to complain about. Would you do it again?: yes definitely Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: no Does sugar make you dump?: if I eat a lot Does fat make you dump?: no Do you tell people about your WLS?: of course
Ira T.
on 10/21/04 2:16 am - IL
Date of Surgery: 4/6/04 Type of surgery:Lap RNY Starting weight:214 Amount to lose:92-94 Current weight:142.5 Amount Lost:71.5 Longest stall: about 3 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal:22.5 Do you exercise? What kind?: Only recently started. Treadmill for 30 min Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): I am trying to eat less then 35 gr of carbs What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Execising - I hate this Would you do it again?: Yes, absolutely Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: No Does sugar make you dump?: Unfortunately No. Does fat make you dump?:Unfortunately No. Do you tell people about your WLS?: only to very close friends and family
mystic0619
on 10/21/04 3:01 am - Moran, KS
Date of Surgery:04/27/2004 Type of surgery:RNY Starting weight:277 Amount to lose:hopefully 140-150 #'s Current weight:200 Amount Lost:77 Longest stall: 4 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal:i still need to loose about 65 pounds Do you exercise? What kind?: Cardio glider Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): not really, I just dont do sugar, to much fat, no caffine What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Trying new foods and thowing them up Would you do it again?: In a Heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: no Does sugar make you dump?: Haven't tried it to know. Does fat make you dump?: No Do you tell people about your WLS?: Everyone!!!
thin_tyme
on 10/21/04 8:47 am - WY
Hey Beth, Dianne replied to my post so it came to me and not your email so I am posting this again to ensure that you get it. Mechelle Dianne Weiss's reply: RE: *WLS Survey, for all!* Date of Surgery: 4/15/2004 Type of surgery: Lap RNY Starting weight: 340 Amount to lose: 190 (So I say) (Dr. says 140) Current weight: 226 Amount Lost: 114 Longest stall: 1 week Amount to lose to get to goal: 76 (Woo hoo, I think I can do it) Do you exercise? What kind?: Not yet, I'm trying to deal with some back pain, plan to start doing Leslie Sandsone next week Do you follow a diet plan? Low carb, high protien What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Getting Pulmonary Embolism's and almost dying was very scary, now the skin flappage bothers me. Would you do it again?: In a heartbeat Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: No Does sugar make you dump?: Yes -- if I eat very little Does fat make you dump?: Yes Do you tell people about your WLS?: Yes Dianne 340/226/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views