*WLS Survey, for all!*

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/04 3:16 am - South of Boston, MA
I *borrowed* this from the 3/2004 board, I added a bit to it... I'd like to follow it up with an average of losses for the entire board... the gal on the March board did that, and it was interesting to see! C & P..... reply to original post with your answers that way I get it in my email! Date of Surgery: Type of surgery: Starting weight: Amount to lose: Current weight: Amount Lost: Longest stall: Amount to lose to get to goal: Do you exercise? What kind?: Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Would you do it again?: Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Does sugar make you dump?: Does fat make you dump?: Do you tell people about your WLS?: *******************************************************
janiej
on 10/20/04 3:29 am - Independence, IA
Date of Surgery: 4/14/2004 Type of surgery: Lap RNY Starting weight: 272 Amount to lose: 132 Current weight: 174 Amount Lost: -98 Longest stall: Current 3 wks Amount to lose to get to goal: 34lbs Do you exercise? What kind?: Curves 3 x wk, Weights for Women 2 x wk Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): Not really What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: Feeling like I'm missing out by not "pigging out" when we go out to eat. The flip side is all the great compliments on my new body!!! Makes it all worthwhile. Would you do it again?: In a heartbeat Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: No Does sugar make you dump?: Yes -- if I eat too much Does fat make you dump?: Not yet Do you tell people about your WLS?: Yes Janie
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/04 3:31 am - South of Boston, MA
Date of Surgery: 4/5/2004 Type of surgery: Lap RNY Starting weight: 298 lbs. Amount to lose: 168 lbs. Current weight: 178.5 lbs. Amount Lost: 119.5 since surgery (134.5 total) Longest stall: 2-3 weeks? Amount to lose to get to goal: 48.5 Do you exercise? What kind?: Not regularly at all. Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): As low carb as I can. What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: The excess skin I'm dealing with. Would you do it again?: In a heartbeat! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Miniature packs of chocolate candy... I wish just one bite made me sick, they are too tempting... eating more than the serving does make me sick though. Does sugar make you dump?: Yes Does fat make you dump?: Depends on what type of food... if it's a high-carb fatty food, I'm sick immediately. If it's high fat dairy food (cheese, cream, etc...) I don't get sick. Do you tell people about your WLS?: I really can't get around it! Everyone asks- and I can't lie! Beth 313/298/178.5damnit/130
Rachelq
on 10/20/04 4:20 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Date of Surgery: 4/27 Type of surgery:RNY Proximal Starting weight:239 Amount to lose:94 Current weight:171 (as of last week) Amount Lost:68 Longest stall: don't weigh in often...never noticed a stall Amount to lose to get to goal:26 Do you exercise? What kind?:Treadmill, weights, tennis Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb):somewhat low carb to get my protien in! What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?:remebering to take my suppliments on a daily basis. Would you do it again?:Every day if it yielded the same results! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?:Mac and cheese Does sugar make you dump?:A bit (I almost never throw up though) Does fat make you dump?:Nope Do you tell people about your WLS?:Yep...but not as much as before...the novelty is wearing off I guess.
Robin D.
on 10/20/04 4:51 am - Trempealeau, WI
Date of Surgery: 4/27/04 Type of surgery: LAP RNY Starting weight: 260 Amount to lose: 120 Current weight: 188 Amount Lost: 72 Longest stall: 3 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal: 48 pounds Do you exercise? What kind?: "It Figures/Health Inspirations" 3xweek; walk 2xweek Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): Protein 50-60 grams day/low fat/low sugar What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: I miss soda and the social aspect of eating, though it's getting easier Would you do it again?: In a heartbeat Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Nope Does sugar make you dump?: Yep Does fat make you dump?: Nope Do you tell people about your WLS?: I recently started telling people and have had very positive feedback, except for one friend who no longer talks to me...her loss, not mine.
Larakatya
on 10/20/04 6:14 am - Twin Cities, MN
Date of Surgery: 4/1/04 Type of surgery: Laproscopic RNY - Distal Starting weight: HW400+, Weight at surgery 355.1 Amount to lose: Original Goal weight:260 (post op loss of 95), new goal weight 212.8 (post op loss of 142.3) Current weight: 233 (low of 231, high of 238 in the past week) Amount Lost: 167 from High, 122.1 Longest stall: 3 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal: 21 lbs Do you exercise? What kind?: Yes. 30 minutes walking every day. 3x per week - 30-45 minutes on the ellipse machine, 1-2x per week arm sculpting and butt/gut sculpting Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): Pouch Rules - protein forward, no drinking, no refined sugar, etc. What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: The head work. Losing my friend food - she doesn't return my calls anymore. Coming out of denial and into the harsh light of reality. Would you do it again?: In a HEARTBEAT! This is the most powerful change I have ever undertaken. It's a lifestyle not just a surgery. Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: I don't play around with it - I don't want to know. Does sugar make you dump?: Like the dickens. I have sugar dumped on accident only a few times from fruit. I don't eat those fruits anymore. I have not allowed refined sugar to pass my lips in close to 7 months. I don't ever want to try. Does fat make you dump?: Yes, I get a strange mucus reaction if I ingest something that has a lot of fat in it. Or sometimes, if I don't top-dump from it I'll get a gnasty bottom-dumping episode. I try not to play with this. I get the mucus-thing sometimes even if it was a low fat food. . . Do you tell people about your WLS?: Yes I do. For me, being out about it feels good in that people aren't trying to compare themselves to something unrealistic (i.e. non-ops comparing loss rate). Also, it goes a long way in explaining why certain things are the way they are. Hope everything is well with you Beth, ~Lara PS - I am an angel for someone having surgery tomorrow. Give his surgery page a quick "good luck" if you get the chance: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=F1080940697
Rachelq
on 10/20/04 11:27 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
You got it! Wished Fred well as requested!
Larakatya
on 10/21/04 12:00 am - Twin Cities, MN
THANK YOU!!!!! I'm about to leave for the hospital. It is so different to be on this side of the hospital gown. Thanks for your support of my little angel-man! **huggles for you!** ~Lara
cotesbabe
on 10/20/04 7:12 am - Agawam, MA
Beth, Date of Surgery: 4/12/04 Type of surgery: Lap rny Starting weight:235 Amount to lose: 100 lbs Current weight:141 Amount Lost: 94 lbs Longest stall: 4 weeks 2 days Amount to lose to get to goal: 6 lbs Do you exercise? What kind?:I do crunches,walk 3 miles a day,roller blade.ride bike,swim Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb) Portion controll ,and everything in moderation(only foods i can tolerate though)Nutritionist says normalcey and moderation small portions is key to long term weight loss and you need a vareity in your diet sugars carbs fat ect......i however do not do carbination at all and do not miss it. but i have a new addiction... dunkin donuts coffee....lg hot in am lg hot in mid morning and a lg ice coffee w/extra cream no sugar in afternoon......I'm bad! What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?:Loosing friends over the jelousy of my weight lose Would you do it again?: In a heartbeat! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Yes, i can now tolertate sugar and bread but limit myself to 2 breads a week and 1 small miniture candy bar. Does sugar make you dump?:Not any more Does fat make you dump?:yes Do you tell people about your WLS?:Only ppl close to me..ppl i work with just say i look great ,and i just say thank you and they ask how im doing it and i say small portions watch what i eat lots lots water and excerise,i dont feel they need to know my personal bussiness Stephanie 235/141 -94lbs!!!
Rondaslosinit
on 10/20/04 7:34 am - Richardson, TX
Date of Surgery: 4/7/2004 Type of surgery: Lap RNY Starting weight: 297 pre surgery; 286.5 day of surgery Amount to lose: 140 Current weight: 213 Amount Lost: including pre surgery fasting, 84 Longest stall: 4-5 weeks Amount to lose to get to goal: 56 Do you exercise? What kind?: Yes. cardio and circuit training at gym Do you follow a diet plan? (i.e low carb): No, just 60-80g protein, 64 oz H2O What is the hardest thing about your WLS experience?: excercise Would you do it again?: ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are there any things you are surprised you can eat now?: Does sugar make you dump?: YES, if I eat enough of it Does fat make you dump?: NO Do you tell people about your WLS?: Yes Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views