How much have you gained?

Maureen C.
on 10/19/04 10:16 am - MO
Sometimes we get so caught up with the numbers in pounds and sizes that we seem to lose track of what was really important and the reason for the surgery.... our health and well being. I am a "slow" loser. I have lost 75 lbs and am fast coming up on my 6 mo. anniversary. I see many others who have weight losses of well over a hundred lbs at this point. I get jealous. But then have to remember from where I came,and why I made the big leap. I have not only lost, I have gained... normal blood pressure again sleep without snoring freedom from gall bladder attacks freedom from GERD flexibility in my joints improved cardiovascular health normal mentrual cycles increased strength increased energy self confidence self respect control over my eating habits empathy for others who were not fortunate enough to be approved Don't feel down about what you haven't lost, feel good about what you've gained. Maureen RNY 4/26/04 264/189/110
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/04 10:33 am - South of Boston, MA
Maureen, Great post! What have I gained? I didn't really have many health issues stemming from my size, but had I waited any longer to do something about it, I would have!! Beth
thin_tyme
on 10/19/04 12:28 pm - WY
Hi Maureen I think that you are doing great in your loss. You are right we have gained so much. I have gained: a little more self esteem a better personality more secure lowere blood pressure Thanks for the reminders Mechelle 283/199/140
Larakatya
on 10/20/04 7:03 am - Twin Cities, MN
I have gained: Peace of mind - I am no longer Supermorbidly obese, Morbidly obese, obese. I am now just overweight. This tells me that I am no longer at significant risk for many horrifying co-morbid conditions. Huge dose of reality - I am no longer able to be in denial about my former relationship with food. I am no longer able to be in denial about just how sick I really was physically, emotionally and spiritually. Positive body image - even with frightening hanging skin, I like the way I look in clothes now! Ease of movement - even with hanging pannus I am able to move much easier now than before my loss. Increased Stamina - I can go so much farther and so much faster now when put to the test. Increased empathy for the obese - Before I didn't even contemplate how much living I had been denying myself. Better Hugs - This is my favorite one. Feeling someone's arms clasp behind my back and hold me close and tight is my FAVORITE side-effect of this surgery. Best wishes to all - GREAT POST! ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views