Can you see the loss?

Sissy N
on 10/18/04 2:37 am - Hesperia, CA
I have lost 99 as of this morning the problem is when I look in the mirror I still see the person before wls looking back at me I see the change in size before 26/28 now 12's but I want to see it in myself not just the clothes. Has anyone else had this problem Sissy 278/179/????
Dedicated
on 10/18/04 2:47 am - Eleva, WI
This is soooo normal! I have friends that say this everyday! I feel it too! Sometimes I see myself in passing in a window or mirror and thing, whoa, who's that?!
kimberly B.
on 10/18/04 4:15 am - athens, al
yes ican tell !!!!!!!!!!!!! you will never see it yourself only when someone tell u love kimberly
Robin D.
on 10/18/04 5:32 am - Trempealeau, WI
Same here. I know I've lost, but don't see it on myself. I know a woman who is the same weight/clothes size as me and I can't believe we're the same. Robin 260/188/140-160
irisheyes
on 10/18/04 6:38 am - Harmony, MN
Hi Sissy, this is VERY normal! I feel this way all the time. then I pass by a mirror or see my reflection and wow who's that?! or i squeeze into a small space to get to something and WOW...six months ago I could have never done that! I just had my 6 mo appt. and had to go see psych. because now is the time that they worry about eating disorders developing. because of mind/body perspective. The other thing I noticed is people keep telling me I don't need to loose anymore. (mostly from my mother-in-law...who says she's starting to get worried...) I was talking to my mom and she thought that it is also that way for family and friends.....I have lost 98lbs in 6 mo. and people aren't used to the huge change...hope that makes since. My Dr. says ignore them he'd be ok if I lost another 20 lbs no words of advice.....except your totally normal...or..as normal as the rest of us Katie 5'8" 258/160/150
Sissy N
on 10/18/04 7:13 am - Hesperia, CA
Thanks everyone - it is good to know that I am not alone in the way I'm feeling. Thanks again for all your support fellow Aprilers Sissy 278/179/???
Pegtrala
on 10/18/04 1:15 pm - Beaverton, OR
Sissy, you look great! Congrats! It really does take time to catch up with ourselves. I'm still comparing myself to others I see and wondering if I am bigger/smaller than they are. I just can't see myself the way others do, but I'm beginning to. I really like what Rachel wrote. I do the same thing. I stand in front of the mirror and really study my body. I am beginning to accept and like the new me. Take care, and just listen to what your doctor has to say about your weight. Doctors do know best even though our relatives think they do! Peg
Rachelq
on 10/18/04 7:58 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Sissy, you may not see it in you! but I sure do! I know what you mean though. I am starting to see it now though. I really have to do some serious mirror time though. My psychologist has me looking in the mirror (stark naked) every day until I can look without saying (or thinking)anything negative. It seems to be working. I can see a jawbone now, clavical, there's a bit of a curve to my waist, room between my thighs. Give it a try!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views