Trying on jeans just for kicks...

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/04 11:23 pm - South of Boston, MA
I've been playing with the same pound or two for a week now, so at the risk of making myself more pissy about not losing any weight, I went to the Gap to check out jeans. I have NEVER set foot in that store for myself. I've never fit into a pair of jeans from anywhere but Lane Bryant (besides my Levi stretch pairs from Wal-Mart which are finally too big!) So, I went over to the wall of shame (the wall of jeans....) took out a pair of 16's, 14's and 12's All of which looked way too small. The 16's went on like buttah. Perhaps a tiny bit big. The 14's went on, they were tight, but wearable. OMG! I slid the 12's as far as they could go, that was a sight... they're not going anywhere near THIS floppy belly right now! Needless to say, I really wanted to bring home those size 14s--- but not at that price, so I went to Old Navy and got a pair of size 14 low rise flares that looked about the same... at less than half the price..... I know it's going to be hellish getting to a 12- but, now I can see how much it's gonna take... Beth
thin_tyme
on 10/17/04 11:38 pm - WY
Hey Beth What a great feeling. I can't wait to go shopping at old Navy. Just keep up what you are doing, your doing a great job and those 12's can be a reality. I am in 18's so waiting for 16's. 14's awesome. I don't think I have ever worn small sizes (of course I had to at one time I think but I wouldn't remember it, it was so short lived, no I think I went from infant size and jumped into plus size sometime.) Anyway congratulations on your feel good day. Now I gotta scram, I am so late for work. Talk to you later. Mechelle 283/199/140
DianneW
on 10/18/04 12:48 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations! That has to feel great! Dianne
flirte
on 10/18/04 2:26 am
Beth, Woohoo girl!!!!!!!! That is great. I haven't had the nerve to go into one of those stores yet. Isn't it weird how we get a pair of jeans and as we hold them up to ourselves and look down, it's like these jeans are so NOT goiong to fit...Then you try them on and viola. I to had a simular experiance...went to my daughters place to help her move..and I aks her if I could try on her jeans(size 14 Express low rider)and to my suprise they fit...even were a bit baggy on me in some area's(the butt) but the waiste part of them, felt like my belly was going to flop right out of them..how in the world young people like those jeans I'll never no. hehe Ive' been buying and finding great deals at the Thrift stores. Been getting name brand jeans for a buck or two. Donna Karen's, Levi's, New York&Company jeans...You might try looking there...I won't even buy from a consignment store, as we just wont be in those cloths that long. I have been watching and empythizing with you on your platue...I have been on one for about a week and a half(or so I thought.)I went to my profile last night and nope it has been alot longer than a week and a half...it has been since Sept. 30...so frustrating. I finally did weigh this morning, and was down to 173.5 but hey...I no my body, and it willl just go back up over the day..so I am not going to post anything new. Well, have a great day. Brenda 248/175/???
Rachelq
on 10/18/04 7:53 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Beth, you will be surprised how fast 12's come after 14's. I posted about my 14's a couple of weeks ago and now they are baggy on me. Fun stuff!
Pegtrala
on 10/18/04 1:02 pm - Beaverton, OR
Beth, you are doing so great! Isn't this exciting?!! I bought a skimpy little hot pink number at Victoria's Secret today. I can finally wear something from there! Hurray! Keep on keeping on! Peg
cricket_nj
on 10/19/04 11:37 am - Butler, NJ
I've fallen in LOVE with Old Navy lately. I still get the Lane Bryant coupons and smile as I chuck them in the garbage. I'm curious if they miss me LOL! The Old Navy Low rise work out great for me....I'm now into their 12's. I was a 22 at LB back in April! The best was my engagement party last week. I wore a 12 dress that I ordered from Newport News....so many folks had great hings to say!! Good for you...for all of us! Happy shopping.
Middlesgirl
on 10/21/04 5:26 am - Lansing, MI
Just to throw in my two cents....went to Target, and picked up a pair of the low-rise JUNIORS Levi's in a size 17. This has to be the most beautiful comfortable pair I have ever seen. And I got them for right around $20. So, those of you in a rut needing a pick me up, head to Target...I really think I could live in that store!!!! Down 135 pounds, and 15 pant sizes so far...I don't think I have a butt anymore, and would probably feel near goal, if my excess tummy skin was removed. Wish I was that lucky!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views