Weight vs. Inches

Pegtrala
on 10/17/04 5:36 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a couple of weeks because I have been pretty discouraged about my weight. I have remained around the same 2 lbs. for about 2 months now. During that time, I have been pretty active. I am walking, going to Curves, and have even taken up playing tennis again after 25 years. Anyway, back to my story. I hadn't weighed in at Curves for about 6 weeks, so I reluctantly weighed in this past Monday. Sure enough. I had only lost 1 and 3/4 lbs. That's all! I was really feeling down, but the gal went ahead and took my measurements. I couldn't believe it! I lost 11 and 1/2 inches during that time! Praise the Lord! I am seriously thinking about just weighing in once a month and not depending upon my scales to tell me if I am being successful or not because success is measured in so many ways. For me, it's being able to be more active. I am so grateful. Thanks for listening. Peg
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/04 11:12 pm - South of Boston, MA
Peg- You rock! 11.5 inches is ALOT. Isn't it wild how our minds depend on those scale numbers to define success? I know I'm SO wired for pound losses that I miss out on a lot of my other kinds of successes. I've been playing with the same 1-2 lbs for a week now, and getting on the pity-boat lately... so I keep reminding myself to come to this board, to post & read! It never fails, I can find a reason to be happy about my successes in another way. Beth
Pegtrala
on 10/18/04 12:40 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Beth. By the way, your picture is great! You are one of the ones who keep me inspired to keep on keeping on. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Peg
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/04 8:32 am - South of Boston, MA
Aw, Peg! Sure know how to make a girl feel better. Thank you. Beth
thin_tyme
on 10/17/04 11:32 pm - WY
Hi Peg, Wow 11 1/2 inches that is awesome. I wish that I had measured myself from the beginning. I should start today. Then when I have times like you just went through hopefully I won't get to discouraged. Thanks for the idea. Keep up the great work and stop on top of the world!! Mechelle 283/199/140
Pegtrala
on 10/18/04 12:42 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Mechelle. Thanks for your encouraging words. I hope you do measure yourself. You may be in for some great surprises! Peg
thin_tyme
on 10/19/04 12:09 pm - WY
Hey Peg I'm going to do it, measure myself, as soon as I find the measuring tape. Thanks Mechelle 283/199/140
Dedicated
on 10/18/04 12:15 am - Eleva, WI
Wow! Thats awesome!!!!!! You must be clothes shopping!!!!!!
Pegtrala
on 10/18/04 12:47 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Tina. As a matter of fact, I have been shopping! I even went in to Victoria's Secret with my DH today, and came out with a hot pink little something! I've never been able to shop in there before. I was thrilled! So was my DH! Peg
Robin D.
on 10/18/04 5:37 am - Trempealeau, WI
Congrats! I've been at the same for almost 3 weeks and getting discouraged. My work-out buddy told me today she could tell I had dropped some more weight. I work out 3 weeks at It Figures Health Inspirations (Curves-type place) and walk a couple of times a wee****ep telling myself that I'm healthier doing this, plus muscle weighs more than fat does. I get measured on Thursday, so am excited to see how many inches I have lost. Keep up the great work everyone. Remember, we're doing this for our health. Robin 260/188/140-160
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views