Sex Question

amomfor2angels
on 10/14/04 7:10 am - Grovetown, GA
Okay, this is a new one for the board. I am almost 6 months out, have lost 80 pounds and am 10 pounds from goal. I feel great about my body and think I look pretty good. Not much saggy anywhere, thank god. My problem is I have NO desire for sex. I am a military wife and my husband was deployed for a year....came home to a new thinner wife that doesnt want sex. Im also not energetic at all, have no motivation for doing much. I dont feel depressed, but maybe I am?? Im gonna ask my surgeon on Tuesday when I go in to see him and ask if he can prescribe me something to give me my life back. My poor husband doesnt understand cuz his sexual desire is out the roof. Im only 32....this just doesnt seem fair. I was hoping to be thinner, sexier and more sexual, but it just aint happening. Anyone else have hormone hell going on???
thin_tyme
on 10/14/04 7:52 am - WY
Hi Julie, I'm right there with you. My DH si gone during the week and of course when he comes home on the weekend he wants to get it on, I have to make myself. I am on zoloft which is an antidepressant. I was not put on it for depression but for stress. So I do not think that my lack of desire is associated with depression. I am 35 and think I can't continue this way either. I have thought about having my hormones checked, maybe your dr will suggest this for you too. I had this lack even before I had WLS, so I thought it was because I was fat. However it is still the same now and I have lost 83 pounds, (60 more to go)I now weigh 201 and I feel great, just lack of desire. I hope you get things figured out, I really do understand. If you find a solution share with me please. Take care and congratulations on your loss. Mechelle
Larakatya
on 10/14/04 1:41 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Opposite side, same problem. My libido is quite through the roof, however I am so emotionally sensitive that it's easy to say the wrong thing and make me feel so upset that I no longer wish to be physically intimate with my dearest one. SIGH - being a girl sometimes really sucks. Best wishes to you, ~Lara
Dedicated
on 10/14/04 11:34 pm - Eleva, WI
I go in spurts. There a weeks that I don't want anything to do with it and others that I can't get enough. Its like PMS on a roller coaster! I'm hoping that once my hormones catch up to my body I'll be more myself again!
DianneW
on 10/14/04 11:55 pm - Louisville, KY
I'm single and unattached at the moment, but, I know my hormones have been absolutely crazy since this surgery. Lara posted about a drop in Estrogen that happens when you loose so much weight so fast and that could easily affect your mood and sex drive. I doubt they will want to put you on hormones since it's probally a temporary thing, my doctor suggested trying to get a lot of soy products in. (They boost estrogen naturally.) Good luck. Dianne
Rachelq
on 10/15/04 10:45 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi! No advice for you. Just want to send you best wishes for getting this worked out! Take care, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views